The Boring Company's flamethrower fundraising campaign appears successful

Greg S

Elon Musk took to Twitter in early December 2017 to promote the sale of plain black baseball caps emblazoned with The Boring Company logo. In order to create demand and exclusivity, only 50,000 hats were to be sold with the promise of a flamethrower being available for purchase after all the hats were gone.

The goal was reached and true to its word, The Boring Company flamethrowers are now up for pre-order. The first shipments are expected in early spring but knowing how Tesla's production schedule runs, customers may have to wait a little longer. At $500 each and only 20,000 units available, The Boring Company is looking to rake in $10 million from the unconventional fundraising campaign.

Since the official unveiling of the flamethrower on January 27, over 7,000 units have sold. For those questioning how it is possible for consumers to be able to buy flamethrowers, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives does not regulate them as firearms, leaving little regulation. Of course, actually finding somewhere to buy one has been a challenge for consumers... until now.

Due to practical safety concerns, The Boring Company flamethrowers are designed to produce a flame only up to 10 feet long. Pressurized fuel is not able to soak distant objects.

According to some, there is a rumor that these flamethrowers may even be self-aware and know about decentralized financial systems.

This may be one of the most ridiculous ways to raise money for a business that needs more cash but it is undoubtedly effective. Selling $1 million worth of hats to then sell ten times that amount in flamethrowers is a remarkable feat.

Permalink to story.

This would kinda create a 'scorched earth' situation if you ever wanted to use this to defend your home from a burglar.

Let’s see. What should we give all the people who thought the Tide Pod challenge was a good idea? Flamethrowers! This is going to be awesome.

"This may be one of the most ridiculous ways to raise money for a business that needs more cash but it is undoubtedly effective. Selling $1 million worth of hats to then sell ten times that amount in flamethrowers is a remarkable feat"

What it is, is a typical load of Musk's horse sh!t. The "hat", is a thinly veiled deposit on a product which Musk can't or won't produce, until the buying public funds its development and production.

It gives me pause to wonder if that useless parasitic p****, has ever even paid his own bar tab.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone that can produce, until the product has been funded.
Then he should go do his begging and philandering at a lending establishment, instead of trying to fleece it out of his customers.

Follow my logic.You don't have to buy a crap load of GM promotional garbage, to be eligible to buy a new Chevy.

Last edited:
Why is it you are the only one complaining about Musk? Seems Elon Musk has scammed you big time for you to have all this hatred.

Why is it you are the only one complaining about Musk? Seems Elon Musk has scammed you big time for you to have all this hatred.
I just never cease to marvel at Musk's, Rasputin-esque hold over his cult. Sorry, I meant "customers".

Besides,watching Musk screw over everybody he comes into contact with, should be enough to wake people up.

His last two incidents at Space-X should e enough to drive that point home.

1: My rocket booster didn't explode on its own, somwbody shot it down.

2: Space-X' recent failed attempt to launch a 1/2 billion dollar military satellite. Elon says, "my boosters did everything right". Well of course dear boy, no one would even consider casting an unfavorable light on you..

"After review of all data to date, Falcon 9 did everything correctly on Sunday night," SpaceX told CNBC. "If we or others find otherwise based on further review, we will report it immediately. Information published that is contrary to this statement is categorically false. Due to the classified nature of the payload, no further comment is possible."

Last edited:
It will make one heck of a great cigarette lighter! Any volunteers to burn one? (no pun intended) .....

You seem fixated on Musk, when he is just one of thousands just like him.
But's he's the one going most out of his way, to keep the spotlight directly on himself.

From Bloomberg:
The difficulty here, of course, is that when a company's stock is soaring as high as Tesla's and that trajectory owes more to faith in the CEO's vision than > the numbers <, it is tough to make a case for reining him in.

Like the far left obsess with trump, cranky sure does obsess with musk. I believe there is a clinical definition for it when it becomes that deep.
I think the term is "obsessive", which is sort of redundant, wouldn't you say?

Musk, on any regular basis, has yet to regularly turn a profit at Tesla. Yet the stock price is soaring, based on his constant torrent of hype and self promotion. Tesla motors, does share some of the more vapor-esque qualities of Bitcoin. Every time a "new model is released", great promises are made, deposits are taken. Just because before that model comes to fruition, another new model is announced and more deposits are taken, is no reason to doubt them. You'd really think they'd bring one in before heralding a whole new fleet.

This flamethrower nonsense is just the latest chapter of Musk's philandering. Like I said earlier, which apparently nobody was able to wrap their head around, is the fact I don't have to buy a bunch of promotional garbage from GM, before they condescend to build Chevys, and then sell me one.

As far as Muskl's "Boring Company" goes. Musk mused that he hated traffic, and wished he could bore tunnels under the streets of LA. I can't even explain how many pathways to stupid that presents.

So, why don't you and Cliff cash out some of your savings and give it to Musk, for whatever reason. Prove to me you two aren't arguing with me, just for the sake of arguing with me.

If someone saw the videos in Musk's twitter account, it is called a weapon/firearm but its not technically. Its not the flamethrower from CC red alert. Its a great idea and surely be something to talk over to parties and gatherings. I am surely would like to have one and like someone said earlier, it is a great toy even for adults.

I think it would be great if Greg could embed the videos. I guess those who says its a firearm would surely retract their statements.

If someone saw the videos in Musk's twitter account, it is called a weapon/firearm but its not technically. Its not the flamethrower from CC red alert. Its a great idea and surely be something to talk over to parties and gatherings. I am surely would like to have one and like someone said earlier, it is a great toy even for adults.

I think it would be great if Greg could embed the videos. I guess those who says its a firearm would surely retract their statements.
When it comes right down to it, you could embed the videos yourself.

So, why don't you and Cliff cash out some of your savings and give it to Musk, for whatever reason. Prove to me you two aren't arguing with me, just for the sake of arguing with me.
Why not? You are badgering Musk for the sake of badgering. Every article mentioning Musk you bring in the same hogwash, dragging his name through the mud for no reason. Your negativity toward Musk is getting old. Even I get tired of my own negativity after awhile and eventually decide to leave a topic alone. Run along and find a topic that tickles you pink. Oh wait, badgering someone does tickle you pink. Or else you wouldn't be here. My bad, carry on!

Why not? You are badgering Musk for the sake of badgering. Every article mentioning Musk you bring in the same hogwash, dragging his name through the mud for no reason. Your negativity toward Musk is getting old. Even I get tired of my own negativity after awhile and eventually decide to leave a topic alone. Run along and find a topic that tickles you pink. Oh wait, badgering someone does tickle you pink. Or else you wouldn't be here. My bad, carry on!
I see I've managed to get us back on proper terms, with you going al "ad hominem" on me. Cheers.

This is a blowtorch compared to a real flamethrower. Like I said, I want this as a convo starter and at the same time a collection I can hang in the wall.

I think the term is "obsessive", which is sort of redundant, wouldn't you say?

Musk, on any regular basis, has yet to regularly turn a profit at Tesla. Yet the stock price is soaring, based on his constant torrent of hype and self promotion. Tesla motors, does share some of the more vapor-esque qualities of Bitcoin. Every time a "new model is released", great promises are made, deposits are taken. Just because before that model comes to fruition, another new model is announced and more deposits are taken, is no reason to doubt them. You'd really think they'd bring one in before heralding a whole new fleet.

This flamethrower nonsense is just the latest chapter of Musk's philandering. Like I said earlier, which apparently nobody was able to wrap their head around, is the fact I don't have to buy a bunch of promotional garbage from GM, before they condescend to build Chevys, and then sell me one.

As far as Muskl's "Boring Company" goes. Musk mused that he hated traffic, and wished he could bore tunnels under the streets of LA. I can't even explain how many pathways to stupid that presents.

and again... you go on and on ... obsessed. You know how stupid some liberals are when they go on and on about everything Trump? This is you... but with Musk.

Back