The Dark Web: A quick guide to exploring the hidden Internet

Jos

Staff

#ThrowbackThursday The deep web is not actually a 'place' but rather anywhere other than the visible web that is crawled, indexed and accessed through links fetched by search engines. It's several times bigger than the visible web, and it encompasses a lot more than the illegal or otherwise questionable activities that it is often associated with -- though there's certainly a lot of that going on, too.

Read the full article here.

It was in the news that the hacking forum Nulled.IO got hacked on May 6th. If you search for "nulled_io.gz" *with* quotation marks, Cthulhu still has a torrent link up for anyone wanting the booty. Unfortunately it decompresses into a 9.45GB .sql file, none of which can be viewed on a PC with 16GB RAM unless first split into smaller chunks.

Very informative article. I've had Tor browser on a hard drive for over a year now but only because it intrigued me. Nice to know a little bit more about how it works and how to use it.

Tor appears to be filtered through a bunch of russian computers. Att has a fiber line connecting kansas with mexico. Everything that was ever in your android phone is still in a computer at google. Gates no longer works at microsoft. Figure.

Had no ideal about the dark Web until I seen a news story about it now I am so darn curious but I don't want to get into trouble for going there.

Had no ideal about the dark Web until I seen a news story about it now I am so darn curious but I don't want to get into trouble for going there.

Until the govt cracks down on "offensive" content on the surface web, there's nothing there of interest. Novelty, I suppose, but no content if you aren't up to no good.

If people knew how deadly the dark web was they would throw away their computers phones and anything that it has access to and live in a distant remote village praying the end of the world never comes before they die

Not worth the effort. Most "content" can be found if you know how to look. Ask the NSA.

Big discussion thread. Lotsa guys doing questionable stuff. Don't use TOR never wanted to and illegal ain't for me.
Guys if you gonna do bad **** you can be the ONLY one that know

Big discussion thread. Lotsa guys doing questionable stuff. Don't use TOR never wanted to and illegal ain't for me.
Guys if you gonna do bad **** you can be the ONLY one that know
Are you reading a different thread. Nobody has admitted to doing anything wrong? It's not illegal in many countries, however it would set off alarm bells to any security services you were to come across.

Are you reading a different thread. Nobody has admitted to doing anything wrong? It's not illegal in many countries, however it would set off alarm bells to any security services you were to come across.
Playing the old admit it gambit, eh? We ain't in court counselor

I use TOR along with an anonymizer proxy or two to browse youtube videos sent to me. With the proxies, it blocks google tracking quite well, although google does try to set some html tags that TOR warns you about. I can vouch for the fact Paypal does not like TOR and will reset your pw and send you a ton of warning messages even if you log in correctly to pay for etsy spells. (<-not a joke, was buying the spell as a joke).

I can also vouch for Tails booting cleanly and allowing easy browsing using TOR. It is better to use hardwired so that wifi passwords don't store, but ott useful. It's especially useful on the USB stick if you're really paranoid as they're so cheap nowadays, you can abandon after use in any storm drain. NOTE: Wipe down after use with alcohol swab and microfiber before discarding.

Oh, and I didn't do anything illegal. Just curious. USB linux/Tails/TOR are actually cheaper and faster than building a throwaway system with hard drive with o/s so I don't have to worry about mbr exploits and can look at the really dangerous forums. I think it was 32 bucks for five 8-gig sticks and once you make the first one, you can clone the rest saving a bit of time.

Complete index of the Dark Web:

1. Boring things that are also on the normal web (conspiracy websites).
2. Illegal things that aren't.
3. Funky web addresses.

That's... it.

And your inclusion in a secret FBI database as a user of potential interest.

Can find the same thing on any street corner in America and most big cities of the world.

Back