The disconnect between the forums and the main site

SNGX1275

I didn't like it when the software for the forums didn't integrate with front page news when it got switched years ago. Word then was it couldn't be done, that is just the way it is going to be. That isn't what I wanted to hear, but it only affected the news subforum so it wasn't too bad.

Now, however, there are main page articles in several subforums. It sucks to have to click out of the thread (the 'read more...' link) just to see what it is you may or may not want to reply to.

Is there absolutely no way to have the whole article displayed in the forum format?

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about - several years ago when you were in the News section of the forums, a news article that was on the front page was displayed in full in the forum thread. If you wanted to read and reply to front page news articles you could do that. It was exactly the same (in appearance) as if a regular member had posted a story in the old Meeting Spot forum (now Lounge).

I kind of think the articles are being pulled off the news page way too soon.

I appreciate that the notifications and email links redirect you to the proper sub forum but, It's lots easier if you're logged in, to just go down the news article listings and look for your little picture.:cool:

News page = frontpage or the news subforum?

We are testing moving topics to matching forums (Android, Electronics, Hardware, etc), and the rationale behind it is to manually pick the threads where more comments and activity is happening and where the topic can turn into a longer term conversation piece.

In the news forum it would get buried after a day or so, but in its respective forum it may be picked up for longer term discussion.

We are currently working on posting the entire news piece on the forum, so it's more user friendly than it is now (or before). Any other suggestions are welcome.

News page = frontpage or the news subforum?

We are testing moving topics to matching forums (Android, Electronics, Hardware, etc), and the rationale behind it is to manually pick the threads where more comments and activity is happening and where the topic can turn into a longer term conversation piece.

In the news forum it would get buried after a day or so, but in its respective forum it may be picked up for longer term discussion....[ ]....
That's all well and good, but help me to understand how or why, the "Flying Car Story", got bounced to "Electronics"....:confused:

https://www.techspot.com/community/...nomous-version-to-follow.210053/#post-1462107

Back