The dreaded blue screen of death..

Hi, I've been having trouble with my computer for a while but I've still been able to use it. However, tonight it will no longer run properly. It turns on and the usual logos appear but then the 'blue screen of death' appears and it restarts itself. This happens even if I try to continue in safe mode. Would anyone be able to give me any advice?

When it Blue Screens does it give an error code? If so please give us the error code and any driver they may have cited.

Also, have you had any issues lately with infections?

I'm not sure if this the information that you wanted but under 'Technical Information' it says:
STOP: 0x00000007E
Storport.sys

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...

Yeah, I've been having trouble since about January when Google Chrome wouldnt run anymore and windows update wouldn't load or download anything. It used to start up and run as normal but sometimes the blue screen would appear out of nowhere and turn the computer off. Since then it won't run at all and the blue screen appears before I get a chance to see the desktop.

Storport.sys is a Windows driver. Issues with this could be caused by a disk, controller, cable, cd/dvd drive problem, or possibly software that installed some kind of virtual filter disk driver that is clashing with storport.sys.

1. Do you know how to run memtest on your memory?

2. What is the make of your hard drive?

Back