The "forgot my password" feature is broken

Hi, I had to make this account just to inform you of this. I've been trying to log on with my account for a while now, but as I can't remember my password I tried using the "forgot my password" feature BUT it seems that feature is broken: any time you click on it it says:

"Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."

Cookies are enabled on my browsers. No adblock or other extensions. I've tried Chrome, FireFox and Edge, and the same error occurs. I've tried two different PC's and a few laptops, also on a tablet and my phone and still the same error about cookies are required.

I also noticed that this seems to be the only site on the internet that doesn't do that popup "we use cookies please accept" routine. I am never offered cookies to accept.

I don't think this issue is on my side, please look into this, who knows how many people have been locked out of returning.

I set my browser (FF) to clear cookies at EXIT rather than deny them altogether -- I just ensure to quit the browser before going into sleep/hibernate or shutdown

I set my browser (FF) to clear cookies at EXIT rather than deny them altogether -- I just ensure to quit the browser before going into sleep/hibernate or shutdown

I don't deny cookies on my browsers. What I'm saying is that if you click the forgot password button it errors out saying no cookie agreement was accepted -- but said agreement never shows up on this site from what im seeing.

Is the forgot password button working for you? I went over to my friends house since the time of my last post and it doesn't work on his system either, gives the same error about "you must accept the cookie agreement".

There was a switch to updated software recently and some forum features didn't work correctly right away. An admin should come by shortly to address this issue.

There was a switch to updated software recently and some forum features didn't work correctly right away. An admin should come by shortly to address this issue.
This is the problem. Xenforo 2.x seems to be incompatible with Varnish cache which we use for load balancing and redundancy, so we're on a catch 22. I'll help you via PM/email @Naownages to get your situation sorted out. Thanks for reporting and apologies for this (admittedly) embarrasing bug we have.

Back