The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review

Jos

Staff
I'm buying a Nintendo Switch just for this game, I'm a PC Gamer, but Zelda games were always dearest to me, I can't simply keep playing video games without playing what could be my favorite game of all time.

So basically, The Elder Legend: Skyzelda? This makes me, a non-consoler who has never played a single Zelda game, a bit more interested in the Switch..and WAY more interested in the game. A shame I can't justify buying a console. Who knows, maybe the Big N will eventually release some PC ports for Switch games - and right there is an amazing opportunity. Switch games would probably run like greased lightning on a modern gaming PC. Seriously, Nintendo should consider building a connected (aka pirate-proof) Switch emulator, which shouldn't be too hard considering their clearly toying with PC support for their controllers - which helps sells deluxe controllers, hint, hint. And how nice would it be to have virtually infinite game storage? Heck, Nintendo, why not add Wii U emulation to that hypothetical emulator as well and *really* tap a platform you've largely ignored? You can't tell me it wouldn't be worthwhile.

Is it any different on the Wii U?

Cause if not, I don't see the need to buy a Switch yet...
it's slightly less polished, anti-aliasing is noticeably worse on Wii U. Switch also has poor anti-aliasing otherwise it is exactly the same thing. most reviewers are saying if you already have a Wii U get it for Wii U unless you really want a Switch. there is also no touch input for Wii U remote.

Is it any different on the Wii U?

Cause if not, I don't see the need to buy a Switch yet...

I've been playing it on the WiiU and it's an enjoyable experience. I don't have the switch version to compare but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything so far.

Back