The name of some specific folders in Windows

abbasi

Hi all,

What folders do these addresses refer to please? My user profile is named ME.

@HomeDir@ = C\Users\ME (I know this one)
@UserProfile@ = ?
USERPROFILE = ?
@TargetDir@ = ?
@StattMenuDir@ = ?
@RootDir@ = ?

Open a command prompt and type "set". That should give you a listing of all environment variables that are used, not just the ones you listed. If what you seek is not in this list, I'm not sure what to tell you.

What a good and nifty answer! Thank you. I will check them all and if have more questions, I will ask again. :)
checked! There are very valuable info there. And about the addresses I could only find USERPROFILE

What a good and nifty answer! Thank you. I will check them all and if have more questions, I will ask again. :)
checked! There are very valuable info there. And about the addresses I could only find USERPROFILE
and that's because they are specific to the script that is using them.
eg: targedir would be typical for the location for a move or copy

So they don't refer to a specific folder; they are like variables a script uses by assigning them addresses. Yes?

So they don't refer to a specific folder; they are like variables a script uses by assigning them addresses. Yes?

I don't recognise the format with the @ prefix and suffix so they could reference specific folders in whatever context you're using them in but they're not windows-wide references like environment variables such as %WINDIR% or %USERPROFILE% as far as I know..

I don't recognise the format with the @ prefix and suffix so they could reference specific folders in whatever context you're using them in but they're not windows-wide references like environment variables such as %WINDIR% or %USERPROFILE% as far as I know..
and that depends upon the scripting language being used

Back