The same old problem with the black screen video card

Hey guys, I've been searching recently and I found that thread.

My problem is kinda the same: My video card (GeForce GTX 550 ti) doesn't work. It IS functioning (its cooler is always on) but it isn't showing any image, just a black screen.

My motherboard (yup, I'm brazilian. Hope you guys understand what's on the page with the help of Google Translator or something like that) is one of the poorest I've ever seen. I totally regret buying it in 2011 - but it was so cheap =3.

I have one more problem: I haven't bought a real power supply yet. I'm with a nominal one (300W) and NVidia tells me that the minimum requirement of W's is 400.

My question is: Will I have to buy a new MB to get my video card running? (I'm probably going to buy a whole new Desktop Computer already with GeForce 600 Series if there's no saving to my actual MB)

UM you'll need a new quality power supply and have you moved the video cable to the new video card?

Looking at PCWARE's site, looks like the board has integrated video (VGA output). Perhaps that needs to be disabled?

Regardless if the power supply is the main cause of his problem or not, he definitely needs a new one. There is no way a generic 300 watt psu will power a 550ti correctly.

Back