The Steam Summer Sale is live with discounts on thousands of games

Shawn Knight

Staff member

With the first few days of summer officially in the books, what better way to welcome the warm months ahead than with Valve’s annual Steam Summer Sale?

From now through July 4 at 10 a.m. PDT, Valve is offering up a heaping helping of games at deep discounts through the Summer Picnic Sale. And by a heaping helping, I mean a lot. Valve says there are currently 12,913 titles on sale across Steam.

Unlike previous years, it appears as though everything here is on sale all at once (no daily deals or flash sales). So, where do you start?

The front page of Steam highlights several of the most popular games on sale including Fallout 4 for half price ($29.99 versus $59.99), Payday 2 for $5.00 (75 percent off), Just Cause 2 for $29.99 (half its regular price), Doom for $35.99 (40 percent off), Terraria for $4.99 (a 50 percent discount), The Witness at $31.99 (regularly $39.99), Call of Duty: Black Ops III for half price at $29.99 and Grand Theft Auto V for $35.99 (40 percent off the everyday price).

It’s worth mentioning that this is the first Steam sale to feature virtual reality games. Notables include Audioshield at $14.99, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes for $9.89 and Hover Junkers for $24.49.

What games do you plan to pick up during the sale? I typically put at least a few games in my cart but rarely end up pulling the trigger as I feel guilty about playing games when I could be doing something productive instead.

Permalink to story.

Didn't see anything to get THAT excited about ..... I'm going back to the golf course!

Does anyone know if the prices are set for the duration of the sale or if they will fluctuate?

Now the flash sales are gone I don't know whether to wait a bit or buy now.

Back