The usual BSOD, I'm not sure what next

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a newly built PC that is giving me BSOD more often than we'd like. I have checked out the memory & updated video drivers to no avail. Any clues in these dmp files?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini060910-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini060810-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini060410-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
The most significant dump file cited CPU_READ_ERROR and from research this can be due to your motherboard, video card, psu or corrupted memory. See the link provided. cpc2004, IMO, was/is the best at reading minidump files I have ever seen.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic38008.html

Try the fololowing:

1. Test your PSU with a digital multimeter.

2. Run memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* get back to us with the results.

MB is a Biostar TA790GXE, with AMD X4 955 + Kingston HyperX PC8500 1066. I had to adjust the BIOS to get the memory not to run at 800, but it seems there's a lot out there about these needing a voltage tweak to run at 1066. I set the memory back to 800 and so far so good...

MB is a Biostar TA790GXE, with AMD X4 955 + Kingston HyperX PC8500 1066. I had to adjust the BIOS to get the memory not to run at 800, but it seems there's a lot out there about these needing a voltage tweak to run at 1066. I set the memory back to 800 and so far so good...

Kingston's HyperX is excellent memory. This sounds like the current Biostar BIOS is the issue here.

That will do it, most definitely. Again, excellent memory but there are boards that are limited to how much voltage they will allow.

Contact Biostar and see what they say. Again, perhaps a BIOS update might provide a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back