These third-party RTX 4000 cards include one so big it could fit four Mini-ITX cards inside

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Nvidia officially revealed the RTX 4090 this week, confirming rumors that the next-gen card is both incredibly powerful and absolutely massive. Third-party models from various companies are now being unveiled, including one from one Gigabyte that is so big it could fit four Mini-ITX cards inside it.

Nvidia AIB partners including Asus, MSI, Colorful, and others—not EVGA, obviously—have been showing off their takes on the RTX 4090, RTX 4080 16GB, and RTX 4080 12GB, formerly known as the RTX 4070 (probably).

In the case of the RTX 4090, even Nvidia's Founders Edition looked gigantic in CEO Jensen Huang's hand during the GTC keynote, but the third-party versions of the flagship are, in many cases, even larger.

VideoCardz writes that Gigabyte's RTX 4090 Aorus Master is a triple-fan four-slot beast measuring just over 14 inches long and 6.3 inches wide. The publication estimates that you could easily stack four Mini-ITX cards inside it. With a volume of 4,383 mm³, you could even fit ten Radeon RX 6400 low-profile cards inside the same space. It is noted, however, that Gigabyte is not adding triple or quadruple I/O brackets to its cards, unlike other companies.

We're also seeing RTX 4090s with AIO liquid cooling solutions. MSI's Suprim Liquid, for example, offers hybrid cooling in the form of a 240mm radiator and a pair of Silent Gale P12 120m fans.

Colorful's Neptune series also offers liquid cooling RTX 4000-series cards, which have the advantage of being just 2 PCIe slots wide. Its Vulcan series, meanwhile, include an all-new iGame Smart LCD—a detachable magnetic display.

There are also Zotac's curvy, skateboard-like AMP Extreme AIRO, Trinity, and Trinity OC cards. We saw some of these in leaked images before the RTX 4000-series announcement; it's good to discover this was one leak that wasn't a fake.

Nvidia AIB partners are putting a lot of focus on new and improved cooling features for their RTX 4090/4080 cards, so it'll be interesting to see what the reviews reveal once they arrive in October and November.

Permalink to story.

The RTX 5090 will contain a slot in it where you'll install the rest of the computer.
This is exactly what I was thinking…and probably not as a joke either. We are approaching a point where the rest of the computer may be built on top of a graphics processor substrate rather than the other way around. This might allow third-party vendors to incirporate fans, heatsinks, cooling devices etc without being limited by size constraints. You would just by a “motherboard” as an add-in card.

That Gigabyte card looks absolutely rediculous, and not in a good way...

30 series was already pushing the limits of what an air cooler can do, mainly why I went custom water cooling for mine, and that's only 350 watts peak. With 40 series it almost seems pointless to even try air cooling alone if the cards are going to be that big and power hungry, the hybrid cards aren't a bad idea, but at that point, and price, just buy a proper rad and pump and do things right.

Or best yet, don't buy them at all.

Damn that Gigabyte card it's phat. They should fit it with an exhaust pipe and call it Rangerover.
Same design from my side.
The flying hummer......

I mean.... I'd expect Gigabyte to put out something outlandish... but this is almost beyond imagination... double the dimensions pretty much ha ha just go home Gigabyte, you're drunk.

If it's over 3 slots wide and 13" long, it's no use to me. Hybrid cooled would fit with a 240mm radiator.
I've got a system that would really benefit from dual HDMI ports - sad to see Gigabyte drop that between the 3080 Ti and 3090 Ti releases, especially with Nvidia hanging on to DP 1.4a for another generation. That leaves Asus, but with their gargantuan cards I'd be limited to the LC model, which is probably going to be about $2000. :(

This is getting ridiculous. And nvidia is trying to increase price across the board when we need to buy mew cases, cooling and powers supplies? The cost of an nvidia card is becoming greater than just the MSRP.

Well, they need money to keep paying for "free" publicity on the web. :)

The pricing with the 3000 series, now this BS with Size/Power Requirements/Pricing of the 4000 series has me thinking my 2080 Super might last at least a few more years.

Why don't they release watercooling versions of these GPUs? Go full hog on cooling.
The AIBs will have factory water cooled cards eventually, just not likely at launch, Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA had models available for the 30 series, I'd expect Asus and Gigabyte to have models available for the 40 series, RIP EVGA's VGA devision.

Not sure how long it will take the aftermarket to come up with a stand alone design or what model you'll be forced to buy in order to take advantage of it either, it took a while on their side too and only a handful of cards had waterblock desgins available... handful surely isn't the right term with the size of these 40 series cards now is it...

The pricing with the 3000 series, now this BS with Size/Power Requirements/Pricing of the 4000 series has me thinking my 2080 Super might last at least a few more years.
You are probably good until "pro" consoles come out considering your 2080 S is still superior to both consoles. At this rate, with PS5 prices having been raised in most markets, I think you are good until at least 2024. I don't see any pro consoles in 2023, heck, there haven't really even been many "blockbuster" releases on these consoles yet and we are nearly 3 years in.

Not sure how long it will take the aftermarket to come up with a stand alone design or what model you'll be forced to buy in order to take advantage of it either...
Never fear, EK Water Blocks is here.
https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-goes-above-and-beyond/
Yep, they already have blocks available to pre-purchase for the 4090 FE.
I don't see any pro consoles in 2023, heck, there haven't really even been many "blockbuster" releases on these consoles yet and we are nearly 3 years in.
I've had a PS5 for a while now and there's been almost no next-gen exclusive games, let alone blockbusters. All Devs are still just developing for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Never fear, EK Water Blocks is here.
https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-goes-above-and-beyond/
Yep, they already have blocks available to pre-purchase for the 4090 FE.

I've had a PS5 for a while now and there's been almost no next-gen exclusive games, let alone blockbusters. All Devs are still just developing for the PS4 and Xbox One.
Agreed, I wish I would not have bought my PS5 tbh, it has sat there for months on end.

You are probably good until "pro" consoles come out considering your 2080 S is still superior to both consoles. At this rate, with PS5 prices having been raised in most markets, I think you are good until at least 2024. I don't see any pro consoles in 2023, heck, there haven't really even been many "blockbuster" releases on these consoles yet and we are nearly 3 years in.
Well said. I'm not very discriminate about having to have all details on high either. If the game is fun, I don't really care. I enjoyed Stray, still play a little WOW. But don't play a lot of these new games because they don't appeal to my old *ss taste in games. I like more slower paced games where it isn't about twitch gaming, but a bit of exploring and puzzles. Loved Bioshock and entire Half-Life series, including VR Alyx. LOVED Alyx.

Back