ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell VS HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0

Hi,

I need to choose a laptop to my daily use between only those 2 choices (I cant choose different one):

first option: ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell
includes 12.5 inch. 2 usb level3, mini hdmi port (no vga - provided converter to vga), has digitizer. work on wifi (can add external usb3 splitter+ethernet)
battery - around 4 hours (internal - can't be switched), fast charging. reviews talks about 7 hours even in average wifi work.

second option: HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0 broadwell
includes 14.0 inch, 4 usb level3, no digitizer. has Ethernet connection.
battery - around 3.5 hours (external battery). max 4-4.5 hours.

Beside of this - both are equal with internal content. same cpu, ssd, graphics, etc.

for both I won't change battery or something like that in my daily use (I don't plan to take a spare battery with me), but I do need it to work duration as much as possible. I will work with this only on laptop 3 hours a day - rest of day is on external screen.

What I need is highest battery life as possible, convenient and easy connection to docking (I heard many argument against HP docking stations with 840/850 series), normal keypad (today I have lenovo thinkpad and its wonderful!!). normal screen (bigger is better, but not in any case) for 3 hours a day max.

what do you say? I would appreciate you comments.

- how much the change in screen size is critical? it's only 1 cm-2 cm correct? (14' vs 12.5').

- for the lenovo- I afraid that the battery does not have a long life time and after a one year it will die. the cell is an internal cell ~4-6 hours by team mates review (and more). How manufacturers treat nowadays to cell issues? Does a user still need to replace a battery every 1-1.2 years? how this in internal battery devices?

Thank you!

What did you choose in the end and why? I have the exact same options offered to me.

Back