This a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm123

Ok i turned on my computer and i noticed that a login screen poped up which has never happened b4 so i hit enter and it logs me in. All the screens and menus all look like classic windows. i go to the firewall and try and open that and a message pops up saying that i can't open it. i then try and open up a song and another message pops up saying that the sound device is not working. My wireless router says that its connected to the internet but at 72mbs and i cant get onto any websites. if anyone knows how to fix this plz help!!

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

By the way, you will need to then restart, and run (and attach) a new HJT log
Plus the SuperAntiSpyware log too

ok when i start the scan with SuperAntiSpyware it goes good till about 1 min into it and then the computer restarts and does the same thing when i try and scan it again. but heres the logs for Malwarebytes and HJT

Wow, it's literally a mess :(
Note: Your computer system is presently extremely infected. You may want to backup, and then re-install Windows clean (ie remove the partition through Windows setup) Otherwise if you want to continue, I have posted the cleaning instructions below

Firstly lets get rid of one of your Antiviruses!

Uninstall Symantec (Norton) Antivirus
Run the Norton Removal tool

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Save it to a location that you can easily find later (in Safe Mode) ie directly to C drive

Restart your computer to Safe Mode (by repeatedly pressing F8 on your keyboard before Windows starts)
Locate the previously downloaded Combofix
Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)

Once Combofix has finished, save the log file to be attached to a new reply
Restart back to Normal mode, and attach the Combofix log

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

Finally save and attach the clean Malwarebytes log
Before actually replying though, you will need to run HijackThis scan only, on every entry that ends with "file missing" place a tick in the associated box, and then select Fix on them
Restart, and then run a HiJackThis scan and log, and then attach the log to a new reply

3 attachments required
Note: There will likely be further removal scans, including possibly changing your Antivirus to Avira, and running a full scan

Your Malwarebytes scan (taken 2 hrs to do :( ) Is out of date, you needed to update this first (as stated)
You really should update it (there's an update button in the program)
And then run, at least a quick scan

The Combofix log states that many of your Windows Security updates (previously downloaded) were possibly infected (that's a worry)
Please run this tool and remove all temp files (including old security updates)

Your HijackThis log, is incomplete. Something went wrong with the scan :confused:
After doing the above. Then restart. Then attach another HJT scan log

Certainly it was infected, but it's on the mend :)
You really should have updated to SP3 long ago

i would update but for some reason my wireless internet isn't working on the computer i'm trying to fix >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back