This video demonstrates how easy it is to "fake it" on Facebook

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Have you ever noticed that virtually everyone on Facebook leads a totally awesome life? Between that new promotion at work, completing a 26-mile marathon, having dinner out on the town with the most amazing person in the world or ditching...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57244-this-video-demonstrates-how-easy-it-is-to-fake-it-on-facebook.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Reactions: cliffordcooley

misor

TS Evangelist
I have some friends with facebook accounts using 'fake credentials' on facebook so the article is not far-fetched.
Have you ever noticed that virtually everyone on Facebook leads a totally awesome life? Between that new promotion at work, completing a 26-mile marathon, having dinner out on the town with the most amazing person in the world or ditching a dead-end job, it can seem at times that everyone lives a fairy tale life.

D

davislane1

Can't say I had too many people in my feed who were competing for Most Interesting Man in the World, before I iced my account. It was mostly political commentary and fluff (xkcd, youtube links, etc.). It would appear that the Golden Rule still applies: don't believe everything you see or read on the Internet.

sambob

TS Rookie
Thanks for this news breaking story...."REALLY"..I haven't looked at a digital photo or video in 15-20 years and not thought might be fake.
With the current state of digital photo and video editing software almost anyone can "fake It", but I suppose you guys never heard of Photoshop.

cliffordcooley

TS Redneck
Thanks for this news breaking story...."REALLY"..I haven't looked at a digital photo or video in 15-20 years and not thought might be fake.
With the current state of digital photo and video editing software almost anyone can "fake It", but I suppose you guys never heard of Photoshop.
Congratulations for commenting as if, the entire story was about Photoshop capabilities! I suppose you used Photoshop to post your comment as well.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

TechSpot Editor
Staff member
I went fishing today and caught a dozen massive snapper, here is a photo of one really close to the camera.

Played golf today and got a hole in one, here is a photo of the score card I didn’t manipulate.

So on and so forth…

People were faking it or embellishing stories long before Facebook came along, it’s just easier to spam everyone with your BS now ;)

Personally I have never had a Facebook account ... am I missing out? :)

The clip is very funny/depressing.

Reactions: cliffordcooley