Time consuming to install W10

D

DavidBailey

screenshot_31.jpg

I clicked on the wrong thing & lost it.
I just clicked on it again in program files & it came back at the level it was at---

screenshot_31.jpg

Hi David! You might want to disconnect from the internet when you reach 99%. Here's a quote taken from the MS link.
If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 99% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi then proceed with the installation. If setup does not progress, close the wizard then restart your computer. Follow the instructions to upgrade manually using the Media Creation Tool or the Windows 10 ISO file.

Hi! In another thread here on TS, you mentioned having trouble with sfc /scannow -DISM. I can't day for sure, but maybe that is causing the slow upgrade. Just a thought!. It may restart soon and finish the upgrade. I recommend letting it go on with the upgrade. I'm thinking it's doing the November upgrade and that's a large update.
Your thread may help others with this issue. Thanks!

Yeah inplace upgrades are a pita better off doing a clean install
Yes sir, a clean install is the best install you will ever get. Here's link by Andre Da Costa MS- MVP
I have never heard of anyone having trouble after a clean install. After clean install; maintain your PC and you should be good to go.
A smart windows user will create a back up image after a clean install; that way they can always use that image to get back to just like the day they created the image. That's my 2 cents.
Here's link for a clean install by Andre!
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...stall-of/aef0ae63-2117-41ee-a8ea-4a3181625b08

Back