Toshiba a105-s4034 Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micael

My laptop fan burnt out and needs replacement, any help/guides on a step by step on how to open it up, what to disconnect and how to replace the unit?

Thanks.

Have you taken a laptop apart before? Replacing a laptop fan is not that difficult, but if you are not familiar with working on laptops, this could be dangerous to attempt. You might turn the laptop into a big paperweight. The fan access should be under the keyboard to start. Some fans are accessed from the bottom. Do a Google search for "laptop fan replacement"...

Example:
http://www.fonerbooks.com/lap_fan.htm

I have not taken one apart before, with this one i went as far as taking out the keyboard until i did not have the proper tools to continue any further so i put it back together.

So you know now that you need special small tools. A step-by-step guide is a good learning tool, but where do you get parts? What are you going to do now?

So you know now that you need special small tools. A step-by-step guide is a good learning tool, but where do you get parts? What are you going to do now?

I'll need to get the tools needed, the parts are already on their way and i'll still have to search for a comprehensive guide...the only one ive found was to get to the motherboard which requires disconnecting many things which won't need to be disconnected for removing the fan.

Tools, #00 philips, #00 straight screwdrivers. Parts may include 1 or 2 fans, and you may have to remove the motherboard to get to the fan assembly. As I said, guides are good, but experience is best. Us repair techs started out with just one laptop, and now I have repaired 50 or more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back