Toshiba HDD reading/writing Glitch

Hi, im new in the forum, I wonder if you could help me sort this out :). I have a 1tb toshiba external hardrive,
it was working perfectly fine but one day it stopped responding. It works only for five seconds after that it stops reading
any information for about 10 seconds, then again it works for five seconds and so the cycle goes.
I can not pull out my files cause it stops whenever I try to so I cannot format the hardrive.
I can only open my Steam games, everything else freezes, and even when I play it seems kind of laggy.
I checked everything, the cable(original cable and a new one), all my usb ports, another pc, MacOs and linux, and nothing , it is definetly the hard drive.
I tried to fix it with windows tools, but doesn't even recognise any errors in the hardrive, then I tried to clone it with Macrium and it didn´t work.
Also checked toshiba costumer support... no luck...
Anybody who has a program that might help me? or another solution to my problem? Thanks

This is the model:

71LSZadKUuL._SL1500_.jpg

[..] it was working perfectly fine but one day it stopped responding. It works only for five seconds after that it stops reading any information for about 10 seconds, then again it works for five seconds and so the cycle goes.

It's showing up as 'StoreJet® 25H3' on their web site, for some reason, while the model is '21B' (It's an older one, but it's USB3 and 2TB in size).This external drive, that I have got....

It's starting to exhibit the same problem, when I start to open it and /or reading and writing some files: it will lock up (completely!) and it takes, like, a second for everything to resume working, normally.

Quite possibly, you drive is gone: most probably the controller (small printed board), inside the box. The only solution to this issue, that I can think of, is to somehow (right, does it even open) remove the HDD from its cover and plug it into another system able to receive external 2.5" drives. :)

Edit: Forgot to ask, probably you've checked; but, in the Windows Device Manager - there are no errors there, when the drive is plugged-in (there's a slight possibility that something has taken over the USB driver - and it's needs to be removed from this list, so that Windows can install it again.)
2017-02-04_2-08-14.png
2017-02-04_2-11-41.png

P.S.
Ah, sorz, never mind, I've read that you'd tried Linux and everything... So, only the controller remains - by the looks of it!..

If it's not under warranty, you'll have to get creative! =)

Last edited:
Back