Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

Cheaper, easier, faster to switch machines that to attempt a lovable repair of that one with those upgrades... It can be done, but you have to have a reason why you would wnat to do that.

@raybay:
reason is that : i am in the final year of my BS(Software Engg) and i have a course "Software for mobile Devices" i wanna do iPhone development by running mac as VM.

Back