Toshiba satellite p300-23l upgrades

Hi all,
I'm new here so please be gentle, now what it is I've dragged an old toshiba satellite p300-23l out from storage after years. It has 2 x 2 gb ram cards and 1 x 320 gb had, model no: pspc8e-03e007en...It has 2 x compartments for the hdd's but only one installed. First why has it got 2 x hdd compartments and after looking on line I can buy 2 x 1tb hdd and 2 x 4gb ram cards which will obviously double the original spec... First will the mother board handle this and will I have any problems when I install these and re-boot the software? I want two separate hdd 's so 1 for programs etc and the second for downloads etc. Is there anything else I may need to upgrade or need to know as I love this laptop and the loudness of the speakers etc and want to upgrade it than buy another, all help will be most appreciated and again please be gentle . Nation.

As an update I did check online and the motherboard will handle the 8gb ram as long as I reinstall a 64bit os which I am installing windows 7 ultimate.... Just need to know if I will get any issues or if there is anything else I really need to change to make this fly.....

I'd say make sure Toshiba has Windows 7 compatible drivers available for this old laptop otherwise everything might not work properly.

Back