Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 Windows 7 compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have this laptop:
uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/product/Satellite-Pro-A300-1E7/1056531/#0

I'm planning on installing Windows 7, do you think it'll work properly regarding to drivers etc.? What will happen if I just install the Vista-drivers?
What are your experiences in installing Windows 7 on an old laptop?

Thank you in advance

Hi donjepski

Your laptop should be able to handle windows 7 fine, especialy if it can run vista. You can always try this out if your unsure still https://www.techspot.com/news/34646-microsoft-find-out-if-your-system-is-ready-for-windows-7.html

As for drivers. This was something i was a little concerned about before i switched to 7. I found that all my vista drivers work apart from the display driver for the ATI card. Luckily on the ATI website there was a windows 7 driver for my card and that sorted it. I'd suggest you duel boot it along side your current OS. That way you can check to see if all the drivers work, the programes that you use etc.
If they all do you can then remove both your current OS and windows 7 and do a fresh install of 7 if you want to keep it.
Thats what i did :) I wanted to make sure everything that i needed worked properly before i switched fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back