Toshiba start up problem

The product info is: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6050.

The problem is every time I click the power button, the laptop power light turns on and the fans can be heard, but the laptop shuts off after the next 3-5 seconds. Nothing else noticeable happens, the screen does not power on or anything of that sort.

Previously, I've tried the process where you use only the battery or charger to turn on the laptop and the holding the power button for 60 seconds etc. None of those worked.

This is problem first occurred when I went into the Toshiba bulletin or whatever and misclicked on a install update... 5-10 minutes in I got frustrated it was taking to long and so I held the power button and restarted the laptop in the middle of the update (or whatever it was.) Ever since then this problem has occurred.

Personally I don't know what the problem may be with the above info, which is why I've turned to you guys. PLEASE Help :/!

on a install update... 5-10 minutes in I got frustrated it was taking to long and so I held the power button and restarted the laptop in the middle of the update
you're not the first to become impatient -- but you see the consequence now.

You will need the Recovery disk to fix the HD so it can be booted.

Try booting into Safe Mode (tap F8 once/second) during the boot - - if you're lucky you can get to the B&W prompt for safe mode and boot into the Admin account.

If not - - you're up a creek.

Back