Inactive TR/ATRAPS.GEN virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i'm infected with a virus called TR/ATRAPS.GEN. I'm using avira but it failed to quarantine/delete and it seems that the virus is replicating itself. i never had to go as far as to seek out professional help for getting rid of malware/viruses up until now.. this virus has been bugging me with redirects and i dont know whether or not if it is associated with the erratic "blue screen of death(s)" i've been having. please reply asap!

Welcome to TechSpot! I would like to clear up 2 issues before we begin:
We are not professional help. We are all volunteers who give our time to help others with computer problems.

You request that we "please reply asap." We always reply as quickly as possible, but you must keep in mind that we are also helping other members at the same time, so their 'asap' may come before yours. If you are going to have a problem with that, maybe you should contact the Geek Squad who will charge you several hundred dollars for whatever their 'asap' is.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

The malware may or may not be associated with the BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back