Transfering pics from iPad to PC

learninmypc

Not having a problem doing so, just would like an explanation for this
LOCAL DISK.JPG
pictures transfered/saved were below those.

Is there a possible chance those icons could be from pictures I've deleted?
I've heard it said in here that even if something is deleted, it's still there till it's written over, could that be the situation here? I have deleted several pictures.

I've heard it said in here that even if something is deleted, it's still there till it's written over, could that be the situation here?
IMO, never. The file system is divided into two lists of sectors
  1. free list
  2. allocated list
When a file is 'deleted', the sectors it occupies are just moved to the free-list and the file name is deleted. All normal (ie, non-forensic) software only accesses the allocated-list and thus never sees anything regarding those file again.

This also points to the basics of forensic file recovery and the caveat that the data may not be intact if-when it is recovered.

Ok, first of all, this "I've heard it said in here that even if something is deleted, it's still there till it's written over, " was in relation to Windows computers, not iPad as I'm talking about here.
Other than that, I wish I could understand your reply better. As long as nothing is wrong, thats ok with me. :)

ANY machine which has files stored on it has some form of "filesystem". The concepts state above will be implemented differently for each "filesystem" but the concepts are universal - - even on the iPad, iPod, iPhone - - - you name it.

Back