Transfering Windows XP Pro to another HD without disc

Problem Jack

I bought this computer a while back as a refurbished machine (Precision 470) with Windows XP Pro SP3 already installed in it, except it didn't come with an installation disc. It also came with a 30GB hard drive which I want upgraded to a much larger size.
Problem is: I'm not sure if its possible to transfer my windows files+license key to a new hard drive without any CDs. Both drives are SATA.

Also, if both hard disks are are Western Digital/Maxtor/Seagate, you can use a free version of Acronis.

I've never used the To-do Backup program. But the straight up disk copy is free, and works fine. I actually used it a couple weeks ago to copy C, D, and E from a 300GB drive to a 1.5TB drive.

I've never used the To-do Backup program. But the straight up disk copy is free, and works fine. I actually used it a couple weeks ago to copy C, D, and E from a 300GB drive to a 1.5TB drive.

Oh OK, well I recommend to-do Backup as well as your recommendation.

Seems odd they have two different types to do the same job though. But hey, I won't complain. :D

And I didn't know that they had a "To-do Backup".. clicked through on your link and was surprised.

Back