Inactive Trojan

To whom it may concern,
I am having the same problem as another gentleman on your site and I will post his message here.
"I initially noticed this heinous thing a few days ago, and immediately knew it was probably bad news. Promptly, I attempted to remove it, but it was incredibly stubborn and refused to budge -- nothing I did seemed to have any effect on it. I spoke to my brother (whom is infinitely more tech savvy than myself) about the issue, and he suggested a program called "FileASSASSIN". So, I proceeded to locate, download and install it. I followed the instructions, and used it on '0i763f66bz.exe'. To my surprise, it actually appeared to have successfully worked.

So, that's good; except the problems when it was still around remain, and seemingly have not been resolved. Uncertain of the full-impact, I've noticed primarily its influence (or that's what I suspect it to be, at least) is still currently negatively affecting the following programs:

- MicroSoft Security Essentials
- Windows FireWall
- Windows UpDate

None of them are working properly, for various reasons, and I have a hunch it's all because of this one file. Despite the fact itself it's no longer even present, of course. So I finally decided to do what I should've done in the first place, and punch the file-name into Google. Oddly enough, there were only a handful of results, and they were all in in Spanish...? Eventually, during a subsequent search, this place appeared alongside as the only English-site. So, here I am."
By Xehanort

However I think it would be much easier to just trash the windows 7 as it is on a Dual Boot MacBook Pro. However if it can be saved I would be more than happy to have the help. I am tracing the trojan source though, and hopefully that turns up something.
Thank you for your time,
Robert

Robert, before you 'trash' an entire operating system, how about we do some checking to see what's causing the problems?
except the problems when it was still around remain, and seemingly have not been resolved.
You mention having the same problem as someone else, but you will have to be more specific. What problems are [u[you[/u] having? In particular, are you having a problem with continuous rebooting, because this would make a difference in what you need to do. And you may only be seeing this one file, but it is unlikely that it is the only process currently running.
----------------------------------------
IF you are not having the rebooting problem, please go ahead with the following:

Please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

NOTE: If you would like me to help you, please do not run any other scanning or cleaning programs other than what I instruct you to.

Hello. Are you still with us?

Your thread has been marked as "Inactive" because of your lack of reply. Please let us know how your computer is running, or if you want to continue in this topic.

Thanks.

Back