Trojans And Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

oli8925

Hi Everyone.

First off im a beginner on here and havent had much practice with computers for a while so please bare with me.

ive recently aquired some unwelcome guests in the form of, Privacy Protector, Error Cleaner and Spyware&malware protection. these are driving me and my computer insane so please help!

i stumbled across this site looking for a cure on google, and read a thread about how to prevent it (not allowed to link) however this isnt working for me due to a number of reasons.

1. i can no longer access any files on c: drive.
2. internet explorer is no longer working (im on firefox)
3. system restore for some reason will not go back before the viruses.

i have now have no idea what to do. i have an up to date norton that wont pick them up, and not being able to access any files, its hard to know where to go next.

please, does anyone know what to do?

thanks xxdanielxx

still a couple of questions:
1. how long should step 3 be taking? it seems to me to be going around in circles.
2. i am unable to find the hijackthis.exe file due to the problems with not being able to access anything on my hard drive. eg, when i open 'my computer', 'my documents' etc appears but not 'c: drive'

and firefox just shut itself down losing all the progress so far. i guess im skipping step 3 then...

download smithfraudfix from the link below and run in safe-mode then select 2. then post the log here

ive managed to follow the first link you gave me and im on step 14 now. computers now running fine with no signs of any virus etc. obviously ill carry on to step 15 to make sure but thanks for the help

hey ok first make sure to delete everything superantispyware found

download SDFix from the link below to your desktop then run it SDFix will create a folder in your C drive boot into safe mode and go to C:\SDFix and run --->RunThis.bat. Post the log it creates here. to boot into safe mode reboot computer and start tapping the F8 key until you get to a menu select safe mode. Please post a fresh hijackthis log after running the software

SDFix:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/sdfix.php

all the antivirus programs are making my computer run incredibly slowly now so i assume its safe to uninstall them and rely on norton again now. ive found some in add/remove programs but noadware, sitfraudfix, vundofix, combofix and sdfix dont appear to be in there. is there any safe way i should remove these? i dont want odd files from them floating about and messing up the computer.

fine in terms of no viruses etc and at the moment running perfectly thanks. but it takes a very very long time to start and load up windows now before becoming useable.

can you list the software installed so I can help you remove it as for combofix go to start>run and type combofix /u

just got rid of combofix, thanks.

software still here:
noadware
smitfraudfix
vundofix
sdfix

computers still running slowly.
it took 6 minutes before i could even attempt to run firefox and access the internet. now, 20 minutes after log in, the processor light is still solidly on and although it doesnt affect what im doing at the moment too much, it still occasionly freezes for one or two seconds. also gets hot very quickly with all this continuous processing.
but maybe im being a bit too eager to judge?

Sorry I have been busy. Ok lets do the cleanup

Uninstall ComboFix

• Click Start then Run
  • Now Type Combofix /u in the runbox
  • Make sure there's a space between Combofix & /u
  • Then hit Enter

The above procedure will Delete the following:
  • ComboFix & it's associated files & folders.
  • Reset the clock settings.
  • Hide file extensions, if required.
  • Hide system/hidden files, if required.
  • Set a new, clean Restore Point.

------------------------------------------------------------------

OTCleanit! by Oldtimer

• Download OTCleanIt
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
    (It will go thorugh the list & remove all of the tools it finds and then delete itself) Requiring a reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back