Trojans and Win32/Heurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here as I'm in a real spot of bother and, unfortunately, I'm not the most tech-minded person in the world! OK, here's the problem: Yesterday evening AVG picked up a bunch of Win32/Heur viruses and some Trojans. I tried to clean these up using AVG but they kept returning. I ran Spybot S&D which also picked up a couple but, again, everytime I ran it again it hadn't removed them.

Based on searching through threads on here I then ran MAM which discovered a host of threats but then the PC started freezing after the logon screen and I am now only able to open up XP in safe mode. Then when MAM tried to run I got the error 'Run time error '372'. Failed to load control 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx may be outdated'. I managed to run MAM again in safe mode but, again, was unable to reboot fully. I am also unable to install SuperAntiSpyware as I receive the message 'The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation'.

So here I am. Basically I am unable to open XP in anything other than safe mode. I have run MAM and HJT (see logs attached) but am unable to remove any of the threats.

As you can probably tell, I'm in a bit of a muddle now and I just hope someone here can a) make sense of my rambling above and b) help me :)

Thanks

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back