Trouble getting on QuickBooks desktop

Kallettla

Hello,

You folks helped me out a few years ago. If something can be done about this, I am sure you can. My problem is I purchased QuickBooks desktop accountant a couple of years ago and it has been working great. Then my computer had an update and it will not let me on and asks me to see my administrator. I AM the administrator. I called QuickBooks and they said that my desktop program is no longer supported. My sister has an ancient QuickBooks desktop and she has never had an issue like this. I didn't realize I had purchased the accountant disk and I didn't know there was a difference. Then they told me that they would give me a free trial and then they took it back...weird. They want me to purchase a new program. I am really angry. I am a small dog walking business and I don't have a lot of money to buy yet another QuickBooks program and I do not want the cloud because I work on QB when the electricity goes out in the winter. I couldn't do that with the cloud.

I paid for an employee to put my credits and debit on QB and now I do not have any access to it. Long story short...is there any way I can by pass this administrator crap? if not, I do have my QB backed up on a hard drive and want to be able to get my info off of it and try a different business program or just use pencil and paper.

HEEELP!

It won't let me get to where I put in a password. There is no place to change my password. I click on one of my two businesses and it tells me that I must be an administrator.

Yes, just like Windows, there are Users and the Administrator.

When you attempt to login, hit the Cancel button. You should get back to a generic login
  1. where you PICK the actual file containing the record
  2. and elect the login id to be used
If you never setup the Admin ID, you may be just plain out-of-luck

Back