Trouble with Belkin 54g in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenbilly

My brother has just bought a brand new Fujitsu computer running Windows Vista 64mb. He has a Belkin 54g f5d7051 that worked fine on his Windows XP computer. We used the original cd that came with it but to no avail, i took the driver from Belkins website, that was for Vista, version 1 and 3. Still it does not work. It installs but then that is it, it tells you to plug it in, which it is but it still does not work as it does not detect it. He is really frustrated as it is a new computer, he can not even use the internet on it tonight as it does not work, please can someone help me quickly tonight!

Thanks a million,
Darren

what connection are you using from the system to the Belkin; USB?

if not, then you don't need the CD. Use the Network Wizard to create the connection.

It is a computer, i cannot connect it by wire to the router, is it because the usb is old and does not work on vista?

First, it might be important to verify which version you have... Is it v1 or v3? I know you've tried both both, but let's narrow that down first so we can rule out some variables.

If you have v3, then we've got a chance of getting it to work as there are Vista x64 drivers available (even if the installer didn't work, it is still most likely possible).

If you have the v1, then we don't have x64 drivers to work with. That almost certainly means you'll need to buy a new wifi dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back