Trouble with multiboot and a PCI card

Hello all,

I have a desktop with three hard drives in it that I can boot from one to the other. One has XP on it, one has 98, and the other has 95. It has been working fine until I installed a new pci card in it. The card is a two port usb with a two usb pin-block on it. The problem is when the card is in, the computer will boot up in 98 and 95, but locks up after it POSTs in XP. I just get a blank screen. The card works fine in 98. I have booted up the computer with just the XP HD connected and get nothing. If I just connect the 98 HD, it works fine. If I leave everything connected and pull the card, everything works fine. I don't understand why the card works fine with 98 but not XP when I'm using all the same hardware.

Why in the World are you still using Win95 and Win98? Microsoft's End of Life hit and support ran out for these versions a long time ago. XP should be able to handle everything you do now. It is possible that the new PCI card has exceeded the computers power supply load ability or it could be a driver issue. Using those old OS's I can imagine drivers are real issues now

Back