TV is not detecting my PC via HDMI

boagz

Hello. Recently I have tried connecting my hdmi cables from my pc to my tv, yet nothing comes up on my tv. Yesterday I received a new motherboard (asus sabertooth z87) after an RMA process and have just completed building my pc and everything works including the dvi port from my graphics card to my monitor, so I don't believe it is a graphics card issue. I also tried the hdmi port from my motherboard and still nothing. Is there something I am missing? thanks for any replies.

Though I cant remember if I ever tried connecting to my tv after the windows 8 update. I remember it working with windows 7. Could that have anything to do with it? Changing to Windows 8 I mean.

So, the nVidia card has a HDMI port too? I looked thru the manual for you mobo, but don't see much on the HDMI connection. I'm guessing it's disabled since you've got a graphics card. Not sure but maybe there's a setting in the BIOS that will allow simultaneous operation. Will need someone more familiar w/ this to confirm.

Ya maybe. What I think now is that my graphics card hdmi port is shot cause I just tried connecting it to another computer monitor with hdmi connection and nothing. But my dvi to hdmi works on the same monitor so the dvi port on the graphics card is working

Back