Twitter flags Trump's 'racist baby' tweet with manipulated media label

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: The battle between Twitter and Donald Trump is showing no signs of abating after another of the president’s tweets was publicly flagged by the company. On this occasion, a video showing a fake CNN news report on a 'racist baby' was retweeted by Trump, which led to Twitter adding a warning label that the post featured manipulated media.

The original version of the video first appeared on CNN’s website last year. It shows a white toddler and a black toddler running toward each other and hugging, and appeared under the headline: “These two toddlers are showing us what real-life besties look like.”

The edited version retweeted by Trump starts with the section where one of the toddlers is running in front of the other. It includes a chyron stating, “Terrified toddler runs from racist baby,” followed by “Racist baby probably a Trump voter.”

The clip ends by showing the original video, followed by the message: “America is not the problem, fake news is.” It’s been viewed 12.6 million times, has over 338,000 Likes, and has been retweeted more than 66,000 times.

Twitter has added a ‘manipulated media’ alert to the post that leads to a separate page curated by the site containing information and tweets explaining that the video has been edited. Twitter policies disallow the sharing of videos that have been “deceptively altered.”

This isn’t the first time Twitter has labeled a Trump tweet. At the end of May, a post in which the president claimed mail-in boxes would be forged, illegally printed, and signed was also singled out. The company added a “Get the facts about mail-in boxes” link, which takes users to a page explaining why these are unsubstantiated claims.

Trump accused Twitter of “stifling free speech” after it labeled his May tweet with a fact check label, leading him to sign an executive order that reduces the protections social media firms receive over the content posted by users.

Not long before Trump retweeted the baby video, Facebook removed some of his campaign ads that featured an inverted red triangle symbol used by the Nazis. The president also tweeted another video late Thursday that includes a fake chyron, though it hasn’t been marked by Twitter.

Permalink to story.

Good... It took social media time to get their cohones to fight back against this tyrant.

Twitter, Facebook,Youtube... All of them are private corporations. These are not public utilities simply because the public does not own their servers, computers, offices, etc.

Trump is not above the law and he only operates at the behest of Twitter's services.

Espousing the beliefs of White nationalism, conspiracy theorists and cyberbullying should have had his account banned years ago.

If he doesn't like it, then he should put his "billions" into making his own social media service so he can say whatever he wants on it. Maybe he'll come up with a better service if the market decides his service is better.

The free market is always right.

Last edited:
What really shocks me is that Twitter won't take down Trumps account. Many, many people have had their accounts permanently deleted for far less than Trump has done. Apparently while they do some things they aren't willing to risk their big cash cow for the sake of honesty, decency and whatever limits they don't appear to have.

What really shocks me is that Twitter won't take down Trumps account. Many, many people have had their accounts permanently deleted for far less than Trump has done. Apparently while they do some things they aren't willing to risk their big cash cow for the sake of honesty, decency and whatever limits they don't appear to have.

I believe it was considered unconstitutional for him to block people on his account? Maybe it's the same thing for Twitter and deleting it. Or not. Just guessing

I believe it was considered unconstitutional for him to block people on his account? Maybe it's the same thing for Twitter and deleting it. Or not. Just guessing

As a member of the government, Trump can't block people or delete them because he'd be censoring them.

The 1st Amendment only applies to government censorship. The government can not censor the public: "Congress Shall make no law". It's a "negative right" that is designed to check government power over individuals.

However, because Twitter is a private corporation social media and has a TOS that Trump is violating, they absolutely can censor him or ban him altogether.

As long as Twitter's stock continues to rise they aren't going to make a major move against him, but I'd opine that what they really need to do is implement a simple thumb up / thumb down rating system so he can't hide his true likes/dislikes.

Social Medias without a like/dislike are spineless and they themselves are supporting his abusive sociopathic behavior.

The legal way around this would be to simply change the font size and color on his page to 1 pixel tall and match the font color with the background. If you want to read his tweets, you'll need to work for it.

That's true of all the big social media sites, sadly. They're more scared of losing users than anything else.

Good... It took social media time to get their cohones to fight back against this tyrant.

Twitter, Facebook,Youtube... All of them are private corporations. These are not public utilities simply because the public does not own their servers, computers, offices, etc.

Trump is not above the law and he only operates at the behest of Twitter's services.

If he doesn't like it, then he should put his "billions" into making his own social media service so he can say whatever he wants on it. Maybe he'll come up with a better service if the market decides his service is better.

The free market is always right.
The "free market" isnt free. I cant sue twitter for posting fake news because they are protected by the government via section 230a. The same "free market" that makes it nearly impossible for those voicing opposing views to maintain their sites, being DDOSed and banned from hosting platforms, monetization taken away, the mob demanding they be fired from their jobs and alienated from society for not worshiping at the temple of WOKE, ece.

If the media was right leaning instead of left you'd be decrying their censorship of liberal views.

Twitter, facebook et. al. are platforms for people to speak on. If they start to moderate what can be published they risk being reclassified as publishers, especially if the DoJ gets its way, and then they will be held responsible for everything posted ont heir platform. Say hello to the death knell fo big social media.
Espousing the beliefs of White nationalism, conspiracy theorists and cyberbullying should have had his account banned years ago.
Careful now. The Holocaust was once considered a conspiracy theory. MK ultra was a conspiracy theory. The US government doing radiation tests on citizens was a conspiracy theory.

"White nationalism" doesnt have meaning anymore, since anyone who doesnt toe the party line is labeled as a "white nationalist", its the new "racist". Saying everyone is equal is "white nationalism", saying criminals should be held responsible for their actions is "white nationalism", not wanting to live in the ghetto is "white nationalism". Wanting to return to work instead of losing your house is "white nationalism", wanting to go to church is "white nationalism". Soon eating a cheeseburger will be "white nationalism", so will being married before you have kids or saving for retirement.

And if you're gonna ban Trump for "cyberbowling", well, a good chunk of those who furiously respond to him would ALSO be banned for the same thing, remember all those calling for conservatives to lose their jobs for being "white nationalists" are cyberbullying.

Last edited:
The same "free market" that makes it nearly impossible for those voicing opposing views to maintain their sites, being DDOSed and banned from hosting platforms, monetization taken away, the mob demanding they be fired from their jobs and alienated from society for not worshiping at the temple of WOKE, ece.

If the media was right leaning instead of left you'd be decrying their censorship of liberal views.

#1 Corporations swiftly and viciously punish racism, sexism, homophobia and anything else that hurts their bottom line.

#2 Corporations are more aligned with globalism than nationalism which is the reason why so many companies can declare "Black Lives Matter" without worrying about boycotts from Nationalists. Those people are a minority on a global scale.

#3 The Free Market is Free only when you can keep government out.

#4 The Holocaust was only a conspiracy theory to anti-semites. For everyone else with an IQ higher than 6 - it was a fact.

#5 I'm always wary of anyone who attempts to downplay the existence of racism or White nationalism when there are White NAtionalist/ racist groups who absolutely show up for protests, carrying signs and pamphlets to absolutely say that they do exist, recruit others, claiming they stand for White Nationalism and they are absolutely arming themselves for a race war.

It's like someone trying to tell me the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist, only for the Loch Ness Monster to show up and say "yes I do".

#1 Corporations swiftly and viciously punish racism, sexism, homophobia and anything else that hurts their bottom line.

#2 Corporations are more aligned with globalism than nationalism which is the reason why so many companies can declare "Black Lives Matter" without worrying about boycotts from Nationalists. Those people are a minority on a global scale.

#4 The Holocaust was only a conspiracy theory to anti-semites. For everyone else with an IQ higher than 6 - it was a fact.

#5 I'm always wary of anyone who attempts to downplay the existence of racism or White nationalism when there are White NAtionalist/ racist groups who absolutely show up for protests, carrying signs and pamphlets to absolutely say that they do exist, recruit others, claiming they stand for White Nationalism and they are absolutely arming themselves for a race war.

It's like someone trying to tell me the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist, only for the Loch Ness Monster to show up and say "yes I do".

Yes, there are still a tiny number of white supremacists. But when CNN is literally telling us that's who is burning our cities rather than BLM, ANTIFA and legions of degenerate millienials, we all know who the real fascists are - the new Brownshirts of the left.

Please tell us how it's not racist that Trump told 4 non-white congresswomen to go back to their countries of origin even though 3 of them were born in the United States.

Didn't they something bad about the soldiers who were risking their lives fighting terrorists in Somalia who were stealing food supplies supplied by USA?

Didn't they something bad about the soldiers who were risking their lives fighting terrorists in Somalia who were stealing food supplies supplied by USA?

The content of the congresswomen's message was immediately lost when Trump put out a soundbite that sounds like it was read directly from a fringe right-wing political forum.

A normal person could criticize the congresswomen's comments without being blatantly racist, but we don't have a normal president. We have the orange turd.

Well they are correct for once, CNN is "manipulated media".

The fact that merely retweeting a CNN headline can get you flagged is insane. But twitter doesnt care. Facts are racist, criminals are heroes, and success is oppression. Welcome to 1984.
So when trump manipulates media, trump's manipulated media is truth. Got it!

When twitter does this, it plays right into his hands. He gets MORE exposure, MORE interest, MORE tweets/shares/likes.
They haven't figured out if they simply IGNORE him, "media" would stop talking about it.

Are you as equally bothered by by the blank Panthers or The nation of Islam as you are white nationalism? I don't support either fringe and call them all what they are, they are all racist and dangerous, yet the left ignores their own exterimists and at times praises their actions.

Please tell us how it's not racist that Trump told 4 non-white congresswomen to go back to their countries of origin even though 3 of them were born in the United States.

Because they support their cultural home more than the United States, their alligence can be questioned, and they fail to uphold their oath of office. If they are showing fidelity to their cultural homeland instead of America, yes they should go back home

Are you as equally bothered by by the blank Panthers or The nation of Islam as you are white nationalism? I don't support either fringe and call them all what they are, they are all racist and dangerous, yet the left ignores their own exterimists and at times praises their actions.

Are you aware of a false equivalency?

Please tell me how many whites the Black Panther Party lynched and how many White children the BPP raped/ murdered.

You're wasting my time with these right-wing counter-talking points because I heard em all.

And let me say this once, loud and clear so you understand it:

no one is going "home".

no one is going anywhere.

They are gonna stay right here and vote.

Omar, Tlaib, Ellison...each and every one of them elected by their constituents is gonna stay right here and they are gonna represent their constituents.

Last edited:
Because they support their cultural home more than the United States, their alligence can be questioned, and they fail to uphold their oath of office. If they are showing fidelity to their cultural homeland instead of America, yes they should go back home

It's a gigantic leap to claim that they support their "cultural homes" more than the United States.

The "free market" isnt free. I cant sue twitter for posting fake news because they are protected by the government via section 230a. The same "free market" that makes it nearly impossible for those voicing opposing views to maintain their sites, being DDOSed and banned from hosting platforms, monetization taken away, the mob demanding they be fired from their jobs and alienated from society for not worshiping at the temple of WOKE, ece.

Twitter, facebook et. al. are platforms for people to speak on. If they start to moderate what can be published they risk being reclassified as publishers, especially if the DoJ gets its way, and then they will be held responsible for everything posted ont heir platform. Say hello to the death knell fo big social media.

Careful now. The Holocaust was once considered a conspiracy theory. MK ultra was a conspiracy theory. The US government doing radiation tests on citizens was a conspiracy theory.

"White nationalism" doesnt have meaning anymore, since anyone who doesnt toe the party line is labeled as a "white nationalist", its the new "racist". Saying everyone is equal is "white nationalism", saying criminals should be held responsible for their actions is "white nationalism", not wanting to live in the ghetto is "white nationalism". Wanting to return to work instead of losing your house is "white nationalism", wanting to go to church is "white nationalism". Soon eating a cheeseburger will be "white nationalism", so will being married before you have kids or saving for retirement.

And if you're gonna ban Trump for "cyberbowling", well, a good chunk of those who furiously respond to him would ALSO be banned for the same thing, remember all those calling for conservatives to lose their jobs for being "white nationalists" are cyberbullying.
I cant stop to think that in history, some of the worst people working for the worst regimes doing terrible things believed they are for something great. Do they not teach that in school anymore? Do they not tell that no matter how much your cause is righter than someone else, you still treat people the same way you wanna be treated? No, I don't think people are taught why and how Hitler and Stalin became what they became anymore.

Back