Two HD 6750s vs one GTX 550 Ti 2GB

looking to do a small GPU upgrade in the close future and i was wondering if getting a 2nd 6750 and putting it in crossfire/sli would be a better price/performance ratio then moving over to 1 2GB 550TI (or other 150$ NVIDIA Card) any non-troll feed back would be great! TY! Note: my Board is an asus EVO w/ 1 16x and 1 8x slot

After doing some research the 550TI seems to be rather over-priced for the performance ratio.... The link below shows the GTX 480 (only 100$) Blowing the 550ti out of the water on specifications....
ww.hwcompare.com/9687/geforce-gtx-480-vs-geforce-gtx-550-ti/

Look, im trying to spend about 200$ on a GPU upgrade and im trying to figure out what the best price to performance ratio is... as i stated i already have 1 AMD HD 6750... So... do i crossfire the 6750 OR do i up-grade to multiple 100$ GTX models... or one 550ti!!!! With so many benchmarks contradicting each other idk where to turn... so i figured id ask the general public! Any info on the matter would be great!

current specs

AMD 8core @ 5.1ghz w/ Corsair H80
1x AMD 6750
16gig DDR3 ram

For $150 try and see if you can get a GTX 560 or Radeon 6870. A single more powerful card is always better than a CF/SLI setup.

p.s. what are you using the graphics card for? If it's for gaming then a 2GB GTX 550Ti won't be any better than a 1GB version.

If you have 200$ I recommend just buying a single HD 6870. It would be a better value then trying to crossfire your current card. It will also be better then buying a single GTX 550Ti.

Also, you will need to get your other post deleted. It was in the wrong section and it will also cause confusion.

Good luck on your upgrade.

ty!

ok ty for the input... which companies 6870 would you pick out of the lineup??? right now i see about 4 or 5 diff companies all w/ different price points...

GTX 550tis seem to be rather out of date and too expensive for the amount of power it puts out. If it were an ATI/AMD Card it would cost around 99$ by now.... Thanks for your input... cant wait to see what other people think on the matter budget has been bumped to 200$ max!!!

note: all current hardware is AMD. i <3 my 8core... pushin 5.1 @ 45c under load and got it for 150$!!!

Skupples, for future reference please do not create duplicate threads. If you post something by mistake, PM a moderator and we will be happy to move it. Thanks.

A single hd6870 would be best; go for the cheapest one (if price is about the same get one with the better cooling solution). If you want to pay alittle more go for the GTX560TI and for alittle more ontop of that you can get the hd6950 which is a very nice card and with some tweaking can be brought upto hd6970 level. If you are willing to wait a few more months nvidia is coming with their new line-up which no doubt will mean that amd will be dropping the prices of HD7000 based cards (also means cheaper HD6000 series).

Back