Two motherboards not working on my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've almost finished my first home-built gaming rig. I ordered a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
and when it arrived a week and a half ago, I set it up and I got no power through the mobo. The case fans weren't working, the power LED on the case wasn't working, even my CPU fan wasn't operating. So I RMA'd it and got a replacement that came in today.

A NEW one is doing the same thing, no power.

I've tested two more motherboards with this rig and they work fine. Is there anything I'm not doing right? Should I order a different motherboard?

Here are some stats...

PSU: Antec NeoPower 550W

CPU: AMD|A64 X2 4400+ 2.3G AM2 65N R

CASE: Antec P180

Same power supply as the 2 working boards you've tested? Perhaps there is a mistake in the manual on what pin connections you use for the power and reset switches. Poke around in there with a screwdriver and see if you can short 2 together that aren't the 2 you have been putting the power switch to.

If that isn't the problem I don't know what else to suggest. Perhaps you are just extremely unlucky.

It's probably my luck. I've moved the power switch connector around to every pair of pins, and even two of a different color. And I find it hard to believe that this mobo would get that many good reviews when there was a major mistake like that.

Anyway, I'm going to ditch GigaByte and move to Asus to my mobo provider now.

lol, good luck. I've had 2 asus boards die on me, and 2 friends have had issues with theirs. On the other hand, I've purchased 2 Gigabyte boards and had them work flawlessly right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back