Two Windows 7 gateway laptops crash at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

whosurpopi

Me and my wife both have the same model computers running windows 7. Last night, we both got booted off line (using new netgear wireless modem). We shut them down. My wife turned hers back on, and she got the blue screen. She shut it down, then we went to bed. This morning, hers was doing the same. I turned mine on, and my screen was all jumbled. I restored mine to an earlier day, and everything was fine. I tried to restore hers, and no luck. I was able to get on with safe mode. The message said there was an issue with minidump, and with appdata. I deleted the minidump files, and unplugged the power adapter,then when I restarted I was getting the jumbled screen like mine did. I then restored to last week and everything was fine. Does anybody know why both would crash at the same time?

The only things in common with the 2 laptops was the wireless router signal and if both laptops were using the AC Adapters, a power surge or something

Only one was plugged in at the time of getting booted off line. That was mine that was able to be restored first. It also happened to be the day after my norton trial ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back