Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed Syndicate for free until next week

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Assassin's Creed Syndicate, the 2015 franchise entry set in 19th century London, is free to download and keep on PC from the Ubisoft Store until December 6. It's an interesting entry in the series as Syndicate was the last AC title before the franchise went more into RPG territory with Origins.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate might not be as fondly remembered as Black Flag or some other pre-Origins AC games, but it's still a pretty good game and certainly a lot better than Unity. And free is free, of course.

I had to check my Steam library to recall more details about my experience with Syndicate. Turns out I did finish the game after spending 35 hours on it. I do remember enjoying a lot of the game, which involves brother and sister protagonists, conquering the streets of London, and plenty of cutscenes set in the present day. The final boss fight is awesome, too.

There are a lot of real historical figures who make cameo appearances in Syndicate, including telephone inventor Alexander Graham Bell, Karl Marx, Charles Darwin, Florence Nightingale, and Charles Dickens.

AC Syndicate has a generally favorable Metacritic score of 76 and a user score of 7.3 for the PC version. The game's Recent Reviews rating on Steam is Very Positive, while its All Reviews rating is Mostly Positive.

You can download Assassin's Creed Syndicate to your Ubisoft account free from Ubisoft.com up until December 6. The game is played via the Ubisoft Connect launcher, which is probably the worst element of this whole giveaway.

Ubisoft recently faced heavy criticism after pop-up ads for Black Friday sales appeared in Assassin's Creed Odyssey while users navigated to the map screen. Ubisoft eventually said that it had been trying to put an ad for Assassin's Creed Mirage in the main menu of other Assassin's Creed games, but a "technical error" caused the promotion to show up on in-game menus instead. The company said the issue has now been fixed.

Permalink to story.

"I'm sorry for the f-up. Here's a free game. Now forget about what happened and keep buying my stuff"
- Some random company somewhere.

The "technical error" happened in someone's head who thought the in-game ad was a good idea, then convinced others it was a great idea to implement, only to find out the hard way that 99.99% of gamers don't agree with that.

"I'm sorry for the f-up. Here's a free game. Now forget about what happened and keep buying my stuff"
- Some random company somewhere.

The "technical error" happened in someone's head who thought the in-game ad was a good idea, then convinced others it was a great idea to implement, only to find out the hard way that 99.99% of gamers don't agree with that.
100%

I believe AI is going to become a god, some already worship it.
One that is prone to emp. Also the ai article is one up. This one has nothing to do with ai.

Circling back to the topic, Unfortunately giving away free games for ef ups goes so much. Epic game store learned that with a billion dollar loss.

One of the less interesting AC games. London seemed like a very interesting place for the game, but it just was not very interesting. I do not even go into details, but I installed it, ran around for a bit and uninstalled it.
I recall sales were also not very good.

I will never forgive them for shutting down Trials Fusion without any notice this year. Hundreds of people were playing the tournaments and the many thousands of user made maps that are not accessible anymore. Actually it was over 200k tracks but of course most of them were not that good, but there were many fantastic, great and just good tracks. I will never buy another Ubisoft game again.

Eh. Cool and all for a free game, but if the direction the franchise took after the first 4 entries (Assassin's Creed through Revelations) then no thanks. ACIII was okay, slightly better than Black Flag but not by much. I know a lot of people really liked the ship play in Black Flag (that was first introduced in ACIII), but I found it boring and the storyline had become so convoluted by then I don't even know what was going on anymore and I lost all interest.

The last AC game I played was Rogue and I got it for free and it was bad. I think there's been 5 or 6 of these AC games released since Rogue and none of them have looked like any fun. It's like looking at John Madden games or COD games. Same things getting rehashed over and over again and the developer acting like there is nothing else like it out there.

I think every single AC game I have got through some free promo.. given they are giving them away, that is about all they are worth.

IDK, I am playing AC: Unity right now. I never finished it because it was a hot mess when it was originally released. But I have to admit, I am enjoying the hell out of it right now.

Back