Ummmm, I have officially reached stupid..

I wanted to log into my computer at start up. I noticed that it had the classic way rather than the other way I have always logged in (the icons with pictures of choice). I went to my control board and tried to change it back. It stated it could not. I investigated further, and it told me to remove the client network services. I uninstalled the client network services. Once this was done, my internet would not work. I have satellite internet. I use a wireless router connected to it. I tried to connect wirelessly and by way of plugging in the cable directly to the modem. Well, it still would not connect. After hours of trying to figure out how to connect to the internet, I was just frustrated. :dead: I finally remembered something about backing up my files and I could recover at anytime......Ok, so I should have asked someone before doing so, since I had no clue of what I was doing. Needless to say I only have windows media player and internet explorer on my computer. I had backed up the files onto my c drive, but when I went into it, I learned I have no clue how to run the applications.....I hope I make sense. Someone please help! I am sincerely computer stupid, but I am willing to learn whatever it takes!

Have you tried using System Restore back to a point before the log in issue showed up?

Go into the control panel and get to the device manager. Are there any exclamation points next to any devices? If so right click the device and uninstall them one at a time. Restart and let Windows install the device. If you need updated drivers make sure to download them from the manufacturer's website prior to re-installing.

Ok, the only thing I have done is update my internet explorer to 8 and window xp and microsoft security......that is it....I am scared to do anything else because of me screwing up in the first place...

Yeah, it's me again...stupid...

So I think I may have been confusing with my previous thread. So I am going to give you the basics of what has occured. I hit the recovery button on my computer. It recovered all the way back to when I first bought this computer in 2005. It did back all of my programs and files on my c drive. I now only have internet explorer and windows media player on my desktop. I went to the back up folder thinking I could just put all of my software that I have purchased back on there, but I do not see how? Can someone please instruct me on how to do so. I thought there would be some kind of run option? Please help me!

LOL you are funny, don't worry about not knowing what to do, we all started the same way. To install your programs you need to find the installation CD that came with the computer or stuff you bought and reinstall the apps one at a time. What software are you looking to install? Lot's of free alternatives are available on the internet. Read this to clarify!

Also to get you help faster try typing in your questions on Google and see if that helps. Google is the fastest and cheapest Tech support, not that we won't help you here, Google is just faster!

So there is not anyway to run the programs I already have? Especially the ones I purchased? All of my security software? There is not a way to reinstall it? Will I have to repurchase it? I will try the google questions as well. I am just skeptical of who is out there answering.....There are so many bad people who are just looking to suck you in and fill your computer with viruses, malware, spyware....I am from a small town and was brought up to be paranoid of anyone until they prove otherwise. lol. thank you so much for your help! ;)

One of my children used the CD that came with it for an ornament in her bedroom in 2006! She is my creative child...After decorating it with beads that were hot glued into place, I have to say it is not usable. lol:) I do have to admit though, after the initial shock of what CD it was and a verbal meltdown, it was pretty and very creative. So, I guess I will be looking for software to download. I will try the site out you recommended. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Back