Unable to install video drivers (Geforce)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have checked just about everywhere for a solution, but none have helped.

Graphics card: Geforce 7950 GX2

Basically I came home one day, and pc was frozen, restarted and it was using default vga adapter. so I properly reinstalled the graphics card and then drivers, and it recognizes the card, but pretends the drivers were never installed. My monitor is plugged in through the video card as well. I initially restored my registry, and later reinstalled windows, and no help there. I then bought a new video card (Geforce 9800 GT) and it has the same issue. I've tried many different driver versions, windows is updated, no apparant malware, I'm stuck.

In short: Card is recognized, drivers can't be installed.

1) you need give better specs on your SYSTEM. make/model version of Windows installed, SP level, etc

2) Uninstall the drivers and Run DriverSweeper to clean out any remnants your old drivers

3) Capture a snapshot of Windows report on "problem" devices before re-installing
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste and save it

4) Reinstall your drivers. You still have a problem? if yes, get another problem device report. Include both reports in your next post along with your system info

Thank you for the advice,

Hmm, initially the card was disabled, but I enabled it successfully, then there was no problem in the report. The card is secured and plugged in properly, and this time when I tried to reinstall drivers, I got past the windows logo, but then I got a blank screen and no response, as if the pc wasn't booting. so I used the last known configuration.

And if it's the video card, why does the new video card have the same problem?
I'm dumb, any help is beyond appreciated

OS Windows XP 64bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
2 GB RAM
Video card: Geforce 7950 GX2

Check your bios to make sure that it is configured correctly. You want to make sure it is not set to use onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back