Unable to log in on forum page

captaincranky

I can still log on to Techspot at the site login, but not a the forum level.
When I attempt to log in directly to the forum area, I get a blank page, and a "done" message from Firefox.

Is this a fault in FF?

Is this a fault in the site?

Or possibly have I been banned and someone forgot to tell me?

Come on now...
Honestly, why would anyone ban you???
Since we use same versions of FF and noscript, maybe the noscript update screwed things up?
You most likely would know that, but I had similar situations with the Noscript. :)

Come on now...
Honestly, why would anyone ban you???
Honestly, I'm just so insecure, there are days when I can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want to ban me.
Since we use same versions of FF and noscript, maybe the noscript update screwed things up?
I haven't updated to the latest version of either NoScript or FF
You most likely would know that, but I had similar situations with the Noscript. :)
This is also true when I try to log on with IE7. Now, be nice to NoScript.
I'm having exactly the same issue.
And lastly corroboration, affirmation, and vindication from RitWik

hm; I can still directly access a forum post from the email updates and get shown as
my login handle.

While I'm on FF 2.0.0.20, the setting of the cookies is all that was required.
For completeness, I do not use NoScript.

We have turned to the original login code, I will let you know when we upload our changes again to make sure it's working correctly for all of you. Thanks!

We have turned back on our changes to the vbulletin login system.

I would like to kindly ask you to help us troubleshooting the system by logging out and then logging back in using the vbulletin login form at the top of the forum pages.

Please report back to this thread if everything works well for you (or if it doesn't). I will explain later on what the change is all about.

If you can't log in, use the main site login form: https://www.techspot.com/login.html

Thanks for your help!

The forum login is now working perfectly.

This is with FF 3.51, No Script is active , with only Techspot script approved.

Also,I cleaned the system with CCleaner, and Advanced System care after exiting the browser, to completely eliminate the possibility of a TS cookie still being on my system.

So we're golden, Thanks Julio.

Awesome. Thanks for your help troubleshooting. If a few more users can report on the same I will appreciate it.

The change was about including our main site cookie in the forum login. It may have happened to you before that you had to log in twice (forum and main site) if you used the vbulletin form, but no more :).

I tried logging into the forum on my phone around the same time that captaincranky created this thread. It failed. I was able to log in today, though.

Hardly definitive or conclusive but, take it as you may :).

Back