Unacceptable performance screen mirroring

Mark Fuller

No matter what I do to change settings or what application I use to mirror my smartphone to my Sony UBP-X700 Blu-ray player, I always get a choppy video and audio also no matter what app I use, (vlc, youtube, amazon music or even gallery or google files). I have installed and uninstalled several free screen mirroring apps and even subscribed to one(cast tv). I have a TLC T767W android smartphone with metro pcs as the carrier. I also am with 3 meters of the device.

Worth trying a better power supply. My Sony BDP-S6700 was very glitchy for a long time before the dedicated 12 v sub-1 amp power supply gave up completely. Finding something with the correct sized jack plug is a problem but a spare BT freeview box adapter worked for me. It fits and has a little more punch. So far so good.

Last edited:
I actually think it's the house itself come to think about it. The a/c, stove and fridge all require using a max setting to get results.

I picked a power supply with a 2 amp output, I hope that given the low voltage of the house and the already 1.5 am output of my present device that will be about right.

The new power supply did not help the choppy audio and video for my android but my Dell Laptop seems to work acceptably. I guess it's just the inherent latency problem in wireless connections.

Back