Uncharted lands on PC October 19, Sony reveals system requirements

Daniel Sims

Staff
Bottom line: Sony's PC gaming push continues by bringing another of its top franchises to the platform for the first time. Uncharted's PC specifications and system requirements fall in line with Sony's other recent PC ports, but prospective buyers might want to clear out some storage space.

This week, Sony published the full details for the PC release of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection. The title, which arrived on PlayStation 5 in January, includes 2016's Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and the standalone expansion, The Lost Legacy.

The PC edition will arrive on Steam and the Epic Games Store on October 19 for $49.99. These are the first Uncharted games on PC, with no plans to port the previous three games. The date comes as little surprise since SteamDB leaked it in June and the title's Epic Games Store page leaked it again last week, including a basic list of system requirements. Sony's official release does reveal all the technical details users should expect when installing the game.

The collection's feature set is similar to what we saw in God of War and Spider-Man, including ultrawide display support, FSR 2.0, and DualSense controller functions. New features include variable load speed support, auto pause, and minimize-in-background. Strangely, Sony doesn't mention DLSS although it did bring it to God of War, Spider-Man, and Horizon Zero Dawn this year.

Uncharted's system requirements are very close to God of War's, so users who have played that game on PC should expect similar performance from Uncharted.

Playing the game at 30 FPS at 720p requires at least a GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 290X (a Steam Deck will likely suffice), whereas Sony recommends an RTX 3080 or RX 6800 for 60fps gameplay at 4K.

The collection requires a hefty 126GB of storage space, likely because it includes a full game and a large expansion pack. The choice to install them separately would be nice for space-conscious users, but Sony doesn't mention any such option.

• Minimum (720p 30fps Medium Settings)
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 (4GB) / AMD R9 290X (4GB)
  • CPU: Intel i5-4330 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • RAM: 8GB (16GB Recommended)
  • Recommended (1080p 30fps High Settings)
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB) / AMD RX 570 (4GB)
  • CPU: Intel i5-4770 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Performance (1440p 60fps High Settings)
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 2070 (8GB) / AMD RX 5700 XT (8GB)
  • CPU: Intel i7-7770k / AMD Ryzen 7 3700
  • Ultra (4K 60fps Ultra Settings)
  • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 (10GB) / AMD RX 6800 (16GB)
  • CPU: Intel i9-9900k / AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

Sony also put most of its PC titles on sale this week. God of War is 20 percent off, while Horizon and Days Gone are 60 percent off.

Another Naughty Dog title, The Last of Us Part 1, launched on PlayStation 5 earlier this month. Sony has promised a PC port would come soon, but there are no further details so far.

Permalink to story.

*Edit

Nevermind, for some reason read this as first Uncharted

Still love the Sony games, especially naughty dog coming to PC

Last edited:
Then I have no plans on buying them until I can play chronologically.

I honestly don't understand why they've taken this route.
Probably cause it ported to ps5 so easy, would be dumb not to port to pc too. Free money

Then I have no plans on buying them until I can play chronologically.

I honestly don't understand why they've taken this route.
I know with PS3 games, which the first one was released on, has the cell processor which is really weird to code for. They basically have to remake the entire game to port something from PS3 to anything else.

Probably cause it ported to ps5 so easy, would be dumb not to port to pc too. Free money
Yeah, but, it's not in order on an entirely new platform! Just do the first ones before you release the later sequels. With how much money Sony has, it wouldn't have been that hard to do it right.

I understood working on putting it on PC in parallel, but it just looks like a greedy money grab at this point...

Last edited:
They did the "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" for PS4. It's, at the least, already half way there...

I think it just comes down to it being alot easier to just port the PS5 version to PC. Since all the recent sony ports have been that.'

I have HDZ, GOW, Spiderman and they all runs great on my rig I will probably pick this up to.

They did the "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" for PS4. It's, at the least, already half way there...
I'm just speculating here, but perhaps later in the PS3's life cycle developers became more familiar with its architecture and were coding it in such a way that made it easier to port? Uncharted 1 was a fantastic game, one of my all time favorites and I think many people feel the same way. Sony is business and they're leaving a lot of money on the table by not porting it. The only way that makes sense is if the cost to port it is greater than projected sales.

This is one of the best series I've ever played, for anyone who haven't had the opportunity to play it yet - enjoy!

I think it just comes down to it being alot easier to just port the PS5 version to PC. Since all the recent sony ports have been that.'

I have HDZ, GOW, Spiderman and they all runs great on my rig I will probably pick this up to.
I'm just speculating here, but perhaps later in the PS3's life cycle developers became more familiar with its architecture and were coding it in such a way that made it easier to port? Uncharted 1 was a fantastic game, one of my all time favorites and I think many people feel the same way. Sony is business and they're leaving a lot of money on the table by not porting it. The only way that makes sense is if the cost to port it is greater than projected sales.
Then they can do "Uncharted: The MasterDrake Collection" and release that on both PS5 and PC :p

Again, I don't see any good reason why they'd leave the opportunity on the table. Porting won't be the issue (they have PS4 builds to go off of), and they're definitely shameless enough to re-release some of their other popular games to every generation (*cough*TLOU*cough*) lol

Then they can do "Uncharted: The MasterDrake Collection" and release that on both PS5 and PC :p

Again, I don't see any good reason why they'd leave the opportunity on the table. Porting won't be the issue (they have PS4 builds to go off of), and they're definitely shameless enough to re-release some of their other popular games to every generation (*cough*TLOU*cough*) lol
There are major issues with porting PS3 games because of the cell processor Sony used. Games have to be recompiled as there are too many performance issues with emulation. If sony lost the source code they essentially have to remake the game from scratch. That's why I speculated that it may be too expensive for sony to justify a port

There are major issues with porting PS3 games because of the cell processor Sony used. Games have to be recompiled as there are too many performance issues with emulation. If sony lost the source code they essentially have to remake the game from scratch. That's why I speculated that it may be too expensive for sony to justify a port
They have a PS4 build to go off of. As I've already said. The PS3 argument doesn't fly.

Last edited:
Not only has it been ported, but as I’m sure you know there are literally hundreds of games from the ps3 era that run on PC without issue.

The x360 uses a similar core design, not as complicated, and 343 managed to port by goes games to pc without major issue. It’s not that hard with modern hardware.

Yeah, but, it's not in order on an entirely new platform! Just do the first ones before you release the later sequels. With how much money Sony has, it wouldn't have been that hard to do it right.

I understood working on putting it on PC in parallel, but it just looks like a greedy money grab at this point...
My assumption is they never intend to bring the old ones to PC, ever.

TLOU is a different animal, how do I know? Because I own a gaming pc, series x and switch…but I have my ps3 hooked to my main family room TV right now instead..

Back