Unclocking 4th core of Phenom II x3 720BE

Marty9231

Hi,

I was just wondering: I read it is possible to unclock the 4th core, but I also read that
only some bios versions and motherboards supported it. So my question is, Does my motherboard (M4N78 SE) support unclocking that core?

And if it supports it, how would I be able to unclock it?

Thanks in advance,
Marty

motherboards with Advanced clock calibration, generally with south-bridge 750 or greater. keep in mind there is no guarantee that it will unlock, and if it does that it wont be a defective core.

I honestly don't know. I can't find if it does, but I also can't find if it doesn't.

*edit: I just found out that the M4N78 Pro motherboard DOES have ACC, but I don't know if that includes mine. probably not, since 'Pro' isn't 'SE'

If you have AMD overdrive installed, on the home/over clocking menu you should have ACC options If your motherboard has it. Mine is a 770 chipset and its not on the expensive side to be honest and Has ACC so there's a good chance yours will.

I have an Nvidia nForce 720D chipset, how will I be able to find out if I have ACC or not?
Also, what program should I use instead of AMD overdrive?

If you still have your motherboard manual it may say that in the BIOS tweaking kind of section

There is a list in the manual:

- GART Error Reporting
- Microcode Updation
- Secure Virtual Machine Mode
- Cool 'n' Quiet
- CPU Prefetching

I saw a picture of the same page, with Automated Clock Calibration in it. So I guess I just don't have it.

Its still a perfectly good processor, and most likely the 4th core would probably been unstable.

I believe red used to have one before his x6 1055t.

yeah, well, thanks for helping me with this. I guess I will just have to do with 3 cores for now.

Back