Unexplained downloading of data

R

rambouk99

I have T Mobile broadband which allows me to use 30mb per day, which is enough for what I use the internet for. However, something is downloading between 80mb – 120mb every week or so when I log on. I have checked Macfee and Windows update and both are set not to download any updates automatically and I have checked the remaining software on my PC but can’t find anything else which is downloading. The Task Manager doesn’t show me anything either. Is there anything included in Windows 7 Home edition which downloads data that I'm unware of?

It would be great to indentify what is downloading this data since my daily limit is only 30mb and afterwards I am getting locked out as I have downloaded too much.

Is there an option in Windows 7 Home edition which allows me to see what is being downloaded and from where or any software which will do this.

Your help is much appreciated.

Your T-mobile provider may be able to identify this phantom down loader for you. There are many Windows 7 updates initially, including Service Pack 1. This would be an issue for the firewall and not the antivirus program

Take a look at Netlimiter. I think it can give you history of all internet traffic by process.

I've only played with the free version (which only shows current traffic - not history) so can't give you other specifics but may be worth a look

Back