Unidentified Network? Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, on another PC Atm. On the original PC, I use a belkin wireless router. It was working fine until last night when the net dropped out for some reason. Anyway I unplugged it then plugged it back in then it worked fine. Now today I had the router connected to my PC Physically with a blue network cable and when I went to put it back to the way it originally was (connected wirelessly) I can connect to the router fine, but I can't access the net.

It just says "Unidentified Network" - Apparently its an unidentified network, and because of it I cant connect to the net. I can't see how software / updates would be an issue, it worked fine before It dropped out that night and before I was connected to the router via the blue network cable.

I use windows Vista. I would appreciate any help, if you need model numbers of the modem / router or Ipcnofig stuff just ask and I'll be sure to relpy as fast as I can.

Hi

unidentified network is usually a wireless network that isnt transmitting its SSID, is your router set to broadcast its SSID (channel and security setting in the router setup page)

a) what's the make & model of the router and
b) did you EVER set the admin password other than the original default? you should have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back