Uninstalled SoundMax, now no sound and unable to reinstall

sumam

Hi friends,
I have a IBM laptop with windows xp OS and had soundmax audio driver installed. I uninstalled it and now not able to install again. When I run the setup I get no driver found error.. Please help. None of the solutions in google helped

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

Hi LookinAround,
In problem device I could see this sir,
Network Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27128086&REV_05\4&39A85202&0&10F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available ACPI\IBM0068\5&2890D699&0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Modem PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_05591014&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&FE The drivers for this device are not installed.

Hi LookinAround,
I get an error
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
Find the error report attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DxDiag1.txt
    51.9 KB · Views: 4
Did you uninstall Soundmax using Ctrl Panel->Add/Remove Programs? Make sure it's uninstalled from there. Then create a restore point. Then try downloading and installing the Soundmax Integrated Audio driver HERE

Yes I uninstalled using control panel only but still I get error when I download and run the soundmax driver .. The error now is:
The audio driver do not support your computer hardware.

Hmmm.. Ok, then let's try it this way. Best I can tell, you have a Thinkpad T41. Try the audio driver on the Lenovo support site for that model HERE

Hi Sumam

Let's next make sure your XP isn't configured to block unsigned driver installation.

> Rt click My Computer->Properties->Hardware
> Click Driver Signing button
> If it is set to Block, Windows will block the installation of any digitally unsigned drivers. Is it set to Block?

If it is Block, we need to change it. Set it to either Warn or Ignore and check Make this action system default. Then click OK close all the windows and reboot

In any case, let me know what you found

Hi LookingAround,

I checked for driver signing and it is set to warn.. I have installed audio driver for T41 series and still no sound.. I am tired

Sorry taken me awhile to get back to you... but if you still have the problem try this..
> Create a System Restore point
> Download THIS driver
> Unzip files to a folder on your Desktop. Run the Setup.exe file

Let know if it works

This is what I have got for msinfo32:
CCID Interface USB\VID_03F0&PID_1024&MI_01\6&6AB02B&0&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_E0028086&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed.
And for dxdiag:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
Back