Update.3470.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
Did something stupid and executed an old file on a pen drive of mine. Since then I kept getting a warning from Avast that it had blocked an attempt to access a malicious website. A full scan showed infected files called BIT82D.tmp, etc in the windows folder. I've stopped receiving the message after booting into safe mode and deleting some files and running the applications in the 8-step guide.

I'd be very greatful if someone could take a quick look at my logs and confirm that there isn't anything nasty still in there or let me know if there are further scans I should run.

It appears that the infection was handled. It is interesting that the sequence of scans show that each tool has blind spots. My scheme of things saves SD_fix to last to confirm the effectiveness of the other tools.

Rescan with MBAB followed by SAS. Repeat until clean or something that cannot be cleaned.

HJT scan informs what has not been handled (computer restart before HJT scan)

Caught by HJT.
Code:
 Nothing.  Normal appearances.

If symptoms remain, post new logs and describe conditions.

Following clean scans, establish a new clean restore point and Clear your existing System Restore points:
  • New
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore>
    • Select Create a restore point> OK.
  • Clear Old
    • go to Start > Run > cleanmgr > Select the More options tab >
    • Choose the option to clean up System Restore > OK

• This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back