# GeForce 3, 3 Ti
# GeForce 4, 4 Ti, 4200, 4600, 4800, MX 420, 440, 460
# GeForce FX 5200, 5500, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
# GeForce PCX 5300, 5900
# GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800
# GeForce 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
# S3 GammaChrome
# S18 Pro
# S18 Ultra Intel(R) Extreme Graphics (see note below)
82865, 82915 and above

My Comp Specs are:

Dell
AMD Athlon(tm)64X2 Dual Processor 4000+ 2.10 GHz
958 RAM
32-bit Operating system

Video Card: NVDIA GeForce 6100 nforce 430 - Video Memoy 64mb

It has been recommended that I upgrade to:

NVIDIA GeFoce 6200 2048x1536 85 HZ 256 MB

Now I'm asking whether this is the right suggestion for my computer and if there are any other video cards i can upgrade too...or am i stucck with the GeForce 6 series

also what is the difference between EVGA NVIDIA Geforce 6200 and EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE and which is a better choice for my situation

What interface does your Dell support (AGP or PCI-E)?

Here is a comparison of the GeForce 6200 and GeForce 6200LE using the PCI-E interface. You can select another if you care to...

Thanks for the comparison.....Geforce 6200 looks way better

I think the interface is PCI

But how do I find out the interface just to make sure

Either physically open the case and look, or use software to tell you (such as Everest).

You can probably do better than the 6200, but as long as you're content with that :).

hi every one, I have a via 8235 chipset in which i can hardly play any games so i just wana upgrade graphics card. Please suggest to what should I upgrade it to. I'm using Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz 478 Socket, 512 MB DDR 333 MHZ.

chotcheng said:
hi every one, I have a via 8235 chipset in which i can hardly play any games so i just wana upgrade graphics card. Please suggest to what should I upgrade it to. I'm using Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz 478 Socket, 512 MB DDR 333 MHZ.

Chotcheng, please start your own thread.

provided you stick with the minimum requirements, any of those choices are fine. By going with a faster or better card(s), it's even better.

Go to tomshardware.com and examine their comparison charts.

Well I read about my computer...inspiron 531s

and they said its has 2 PCI card slots, a PCIe x1 and a PCIe x16 graphics card slot

does this mean i have to get a PCIe

and im contenet with any card that will work lol.....but im up for other suggestions

you have a PCI-E. NOT PCI.

PCI is VERY old technology. It was replaced by AGP, then later by PCI-E.

PCI is still used for some cards like sound cards and miscellaneous, but it is no longer used for graphics.

BTW- next time post your question in the audio/video forum.

Ok guy I got EVGA e-GeForce 6200 (PCI-e, 256MB)
Specs: NVIDIA GeForce 6200, 2048 x 1536 / 85 Hz, 256 MB, PC, 2

Now i have a problem installing it....there are 2 free slots and another slot that has a card in it....

Now the card i bought has three seperations on the bottom as seen in this link
http://www.compusa.com/applications...Sku=E145-6202&SRCCODE=CNETCMPUSA&CMP=OTC-CNET

but the firsr open slot i see in my comp only has two seperations, i can't tell on the other slots ....so is this the completely card or am i suppose to replace the card i see in there with the one i bought

Are you referring to the notches in the bottom of the card that meet the port?

The card you have linked is of the PCI interface (which only has two "separations" as far as I know), not PCI-E (which has only one "separation").

Your PCI-E x16 slot is probably blue or black and there will likely only be one.

sorry... i was referring to the notches and when i said three i was talkin bout the number of groupings

the first slot that was open is black and as you sai it only has one seperation but most of the geforce 6200's have 2 so...your saying ther is no way i can use this card?

I'm saying that the PCI-E interface only has one notch. If your VPU has two, and it's the one you just linked, you bought a PCI VPU.

You can use the card, but not in the PCI-E x16 slot.

You can use it. Stick it in one of the white slots on the motherboard. As noted above that card you linked is a PCI card. PCI slots are typically white, and almost nobody uses PCI for video anymore, which is why you got the PCIe suggestions.

What model is your computer?

SNGX1275 said:
You can use it. Stick it in one of the white slots on the motherboard. As noted above that card you linked is a PCI card. PCI slots are typically white, and almost nobody uses PCI for video anymore, which is why you got the PCIe suggestions.

What model is your computer?

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 531s

If you want a PCI-E x16 video card you should return that one, if possible. Otherwise, just consider it a lesson learned I guess and toss it in a PCI slot.

Ok guys i got officially screwed...i guess this is lessoned learned because my inspiron 531s is too slim to hold normal sized video cards so they say i have to get low-profile cards to fit in my comp.

SO new search now...and i have to gets whats best and what will work in my comp so...

i need a low profile pci-e video card that is compatible with the requirements of my game which can be found at the beginning of the forum.

So can anyone assist me with the types available or what sites i can find them?

By the way everyone that has commented on this forum has been a great help and i thank you all for responding

He was trying to use a 6200, so I don't think performance is that high of a requirement. Any of those cards in Zeno's link would be fine, the weakest one is a 6200.

just my 2 cents, if your running a 6100, stepping up to a 6200 really wont get you a whole lots, yes maybe the game will run a little smoother and you might get more onboard RAM, but you might as well not spend the money for a change you can get overclocking.

Im not going to the extreme that others do, "oh you gotta get the 9957GLX-Uber Edition with built in wi-fi and 8 bit LED display", but look at the 7600 series for Geforce, great performance, reliable, ball park $100. That card can handle 95% of the games on the market at least. Probably all if you turn down some settings. Im not sure what the price range on the 6200 is, but if your upgradeing at least jump to the 7000series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back