Upgrade wish list, is it possible on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a acer aspire 3624WXCI 1.6GHz Intel Celeron Mobile, 1.49GB DDR2, 40GB, Windows XP

1. Is it possible to upgrade this laptop with a duo processor? or a faster processor? does anyone know if my motherboard is capable of swaping for a faster processor?

2. i have a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 card in this laptop, is it possible to swap this as well?

Im on a budget of $250 for this upgrade, is this possible? Also if there is any other possible way to tweak my comp so that i can play 3D online games without major lag(which ive been having)?

I got this laptop for free from a buddy of mine, i wouldnt mind dumping alittle extra cash into it, its been really good to me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!:approve:

if this laptop has i910gml chipset - it supports only intel celerons CPUs. it's impossible to upgrade videocard in this laptop. you can add more ram and replace HDD to big capacity.

so ill go with an upgraded 1.7ghz celeron processor and add another 1GB of DDR2 ram into the second ram slot in making it 2 GB and i should hopefully see some results in speed and processing?

This is NOT a gaming laptop. If that's what you want to do then you'll have to buy a newer one. The lag you get is from your video card not being able to render the graphics. As it is you got enough RAM & CPU is not too bad either.

You could lower the game setting to low and see if it runs better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back