Upgraded chipset but did something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded my chip set but when I got everything back together and try to power on the fan comes on and keeps spinning faster and faster I have to unplug to get it to turn off. I have changed out chips before and not have a problem. I don't get any beeps just the fan screaming at me but when I plug in the power supply I get one light on the motherboard. I blew off the fans, sinks and rest of the hardware. I am at a loss

thanks.

Can you clarify what you meant? When you say you upgraded your chipset, do you mean you changed the motherboard? You don't mean you actually soldered in new motherboard chips? Do you mean you replaced the processor (CPU)?

If you mean CPU, perhaps the motherboard does not support the newer processor unless there is a BIOS update for it.

ok i replaced the cpu. the motherboard specs say it supports the dual core i put on it. how do you update a bios on a computer you cant get to boot up? i am still new to the hardware side of computers so i will be able to clarify next time, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back