Upgrading Dell Dimension 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderu1

I need help upgrading my dell dimension 3000 desktop computer. I already upgraded the memory to 2 GB (the most it can hold) and the graphics card to a PNY GeForce 5200 256mb PCI card. Now i am wondering what the best move would be to add. would it be a proccesor, a motherboard, or something else. I do not want to buy a new computer and I am going to use it as a school computer. I also would like to be able to play the game "Last Chaos". please help.

P.S. the game URL is lastchaos.aeriagames.com

Well you really can't find many older socket boards for that cpu. Great cpu though.
Unless you wanted to get a 9500 pci video card or upgrade the Hard drive there isn't much more you can do with that system to make it any faster.

ok thanks. this computer will have to do for now in a few years when i finish school ill probably get a new one

No prob!
and if you ever decide to build you a computer or have anymore questions feel free to stop back by.
Enjoy!

The fastest CPU you can use is what I am using, the 3.06 GHz P4 HT. That will help slightly. The best GPU you can buy is the 9500GT PCI. That FX 5200 you bought won't play much these days. If you want to mobo swap, swap for an Intel 865 chipset to avoid lockout. I mobo swapped on my HP for the same chipset and an additional AGP slot and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back